My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Down, 19,998 to go: FL Grand Master Quantifies the Purge

CajunTinMan

I understand peoples frustration with all this but how is it any different then the long standing edicts about race? And why isn't that being presued with equal zeal? Or is that more acceptable? I'm not saying at all that people should be calling for the ousting of any GMs like they are here, but it would be nice to see this kind of passion put towards ending this long standing division.

Last edited:

dhouseholder

I understand peoples frustration with all this but how is it any different then the long standing edicts about race? And why isn't that being presued with equal zeal? Or is that more acceptable? I'm not saying at all that people should be calling for the ousting of any GMs like they are here, but it would be nice to see this kind of passion put towards ending this long standing division.

Agreed. Although race has been argued for a while, religion seems to be a new flavor.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Brother, I have raised unholy heck in the past regarding some GL's policies about race (I might have been banned from a forum or two). And I have cheered with equal volume when the norm has been shattered.

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
I don't think the two need be exclusive. I find religious intolerance and racism equally offensive and find no reason we should not work to stop both with equal zeal.

I'll be honest, although I try to stay up on events in Masonry, I was not aware of a racism problem in Florida. I was aware of the stuff in Georgia recently, but had not heard about Florida.