2010 Grand Lodge Annual Communication resolutions results

Discussion in 'Masonic Jurisprudence' started by eagle1966, Dec 4, 2010.

1. eagle1966

eagle1966 Guest

what happened to this thread with Saturday results? somebody drop the ball?:sad:

2. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

We seem to be all over the place, so I'll post the Cliff-notes version here, too.

3. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

thx mike.

4. webstermason

webstermason Registered User

In response to those would would shorten the EA Proficiency, shouldn't we also remove the Lecture from the Degree. the meetings would run so much shorter.

5. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

Forgot to add the final outcome of one other action taken this weekend.

The charter of Panhandle Lodge 1044 had been arrested during the summer. The Grand West voted not to return the charter.

6. Bridge2light

Bridge2light Premium Member

Did i also hear that the Masonic License plate will be available in Fed 2011

7. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Wow. I just do not know what to say....

8. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Good for them!

9. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

Yes. A sad, but necessary duty was done.

10. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Sorry about this. The guys that were doing this thread ended up going to Waco so we were unable to update the forum on Saturday and for the final hour Friday.

11. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

That's what I remember them saying.

12. Dave in Waco

Agreed. After hearing the amount of charges against them, the amount of assistance they turned down to correct some of them, capped off by the WM of the lodge attempt to blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility for any of them including trying to burn one of their own brothers; it made it pretty clear why there wasn't a hand in the air to give it back.

13. webstermason

webstermason Registered User

Listening to the person proposing the return of their Charter left me stunned. I just didn't know what to think or say. And from my vantage point upstairs on the back row, I couldn't see the license plate. Is there a picture somewhere?

14. cpclkc

cpclkc Registered User

What happen to the increase in the per captia to $25

15. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

The increase was adopted as written, so it goes to $25 with the next returns. A couple of amendments were proposed, but not adopted while the issue was under discussion.

16. LDSpears

LDSpears Premium Member

Will that change the price of the endowed membership? Also, is there a difference between an endowed membership and a lifetime membership?

17. David Duke

David Duke Premium Member

As I understand it the increase will not apply to the 2011 returns; the increased returns will come due in 2012..............I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time :huh:.

The cost of an endowment is set by the individual lodge; the lodge must pay returns on both endowed members and lifetime members the difference being that the lodge doesn't get any disbursements for lifetime members and hopefully will for those endowed. We use to give lifetime membership to all of our past masters but began purchasing an endowment for them several years ago so that we could get the benefit of disbursements......hasn't worked out real well for the past couple of years but hopefully the worm will turn soon.

18. Dave in Waco

Endowed membership prices are set by each lodge with a minimum value of $500. The price is set only during the same meeting as the election of officers each year, in amounts of $100.

Lifetime and Endowed memberships are different. Endowed memberships are paid to GL. Lifetime memberships are limited to 4 every 3 years and the money doesn't go to GL.

19. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Then why not drop it all and just pay dues!! Thay might make a few lazy men happy.

20. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

i thought the same thing. I'm thinking it was sarcasm?

Share My Freemasonry