My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A discussion of informal Masonic organizations. Keep it civil!

cemab4y

Premium Member
Does anyone have experience participating with informal Masonic clubs? I did some work in New Hampshire in 1982, and I was introduced to "Square and Compasses Clubs". Many NH lodges close down entirely for the summer. During the summer, Square and Compasses clubs have barbecues, and dinners, and all types of social activities for the Masons and their families. Meetings are OPEN to anyone who is interested.

In Iraq, we could not have a working lodge, so we set up a Square and Compasses club, so that we could fellowship, and keep track of each other.

-THERE WILL BE NO DISCUSSION OF THE GRAND MASTER'S EDICT ABOUT THE MOTORCYCLE CLUB. THAT TOPIC IS OFF-LIMITS. WE WILL DISCUSS BREAKFAST CLUBS, AND CIGAR CLUBS. IF THIS THREAD GOES OFF INTO THE CURRENT SITUATION IN TEXAS, THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED-

cemab4y

Premium Member
-bump- I lived in New Hampshire, in 1982. I participated in the Square and Compasses Club, at Washington NH. The lodge closed down all summer, so this was a terrific way to mave Masonic fellowship, during the vacation months.