A number

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Bloke, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

6.3 million

That's how many pageviews are showing on Chris Hodapp's blog page..
    http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/

That's pretty astounding, it's from 2010 - averaging more than 1 million hits a years.

I get excited because I've got 24K LOL, but there is going to be a generation (or two!) of Freemasons Chris has inspired and informed... and I still go there to catch up; reading what Chris thought of media reports of "UGLV has a new female CEO..".... You know, I've visited some very conservative lodges since her appointment, and not heard a single negative thing about appointing a CEO who is not a Freemason - people are happy at the idea of a capable person leading the business and strategic side of the Craft. May she have every success !

Blake Bowden likes this.
  2. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Pageviews are good for ads, unique visitors are a good indication of growth. Another factor is bounce rate. Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who come to your site and leave within a few seconds. A high bounce rate indicates that visitors didn't like what they saw or didn't find what they were looking for. If you run a blog or website, definately keep track of your analytics.

As far as Bro. Hodapp is concerned, he's in a league of his own. I highly recommend his books and visiting his blog.

Bloke likes this.
  3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Agreed on analytics... my bounce rate is high (about 60%) but then again so is the time on site and page views of 2.something, tells me I get entries via google, people read what they are interested in, maybe look at another page, then move on... what is interesting is when you get a visitor spending 40 minutes reading many pages... My bounce rate would be high for something like Midnight Freemasons because I tend to read one page and leave.. I run 5 sites and have access to analytics for 6 - really interesting comparing them... esp against each other and volume.

Isn't bounce rate measuring a single page visit, with only one page viewed, nothing to do with time ?

Share My Freemasonry