My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A thank you to Brother Orona of Tarrant 942

AMcClure

I would like to extend thanks Brother Orona of Tarrant 942. It is with his patient and guiding hand that I began my EA work last night. The giving nature of the fraternity and the brothers within is truly a testament to the character of Masonry. The path seems a bit daunting to this new apprentice, but I enjoy the light being brought forth. Now on to day two.

Thank you Brother.

Benton

Premium Member
Congratulations! My grandfather (passed away a number of years ago) was a Mason, and I suspect of Tarrant lodge, though I haven't been able to confirm. Grand Lodge doesn't have any records specific to him, or at least my record request came back empty.

He was extremely active in lodge when he lived in Arlington, and never quite as much after he moved to Midland. I suspect he had a special group of brothers there that were his friends. (I wish he were around so I could ask him now.) I wish you the best in your journeys. Enjoy it. :)

bgs942

Premium Member
Yes, Brother Orona is amazing.I always tell him he has forgotten more than I will ever know. Some of us refer to him as "Yoda". Brother Benton if you care to give me your Grandfathers name and aprox years he was a member I will be more than happy to research our members log books GL used to publish and copy pages or share info with you.

owls84

Premium Member
Brother McClure I was very happy to be able to be your Senior Deacon during your initiation. I was very blessed to be able to to sit down with you the first time you visited the Lodge to answer your questions. That is one of my favorite things to do in Lodge. To sit with the candidates and see the new flame burning. I look forward to your Fellowcraft and Masters in the near future.

AMcClure

A hearty thank you to you as well Brother! One of the fun things on this forum is discovering those that I know and their user names here.

I so appreciate that first meeting at the lodge. I was nervous and had questions to be answered. Talking with you removed any fear and set me upon my path, I will never forget it. And then to find you as my Senior Deacon at the initiation was an added blessing. I look forward to continuing my journey with you Brother.

Brother McClure I was very happy to be able to be your Senior Deacon during your initiation. I was very blessed to be able to to sit down with you the first time you visited the Lodge to answer your questions. That is one of my favorite things to do in Lodge. To sit with the candidates and see the new flame burning. I look forward to your Fellowcraft and Masters in the near future.