My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A wonderful plan in the works...

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
A few years ago the Masonic Lodge in Smiley, TX demised, but it is my understanding the current owners of the building have left the Lodge room largely intact. Not too long ago, a couple of Brothers from my Lodge kicked around the idea of having a called meeting there. Fortunately, one of the Brother's spearheading this plan was recently installed as our DDGM- Right Worshipful Stephen Henrichs.

The date for the event is tentatively set for March 19, 2012. We're in the process of getting dispensation, so we don't get in trouble with the folks in Waco :)

Some of the ideas we're kicking around is having the meeting set as if we were back in time- where the Lodge would be lit using candles instead of bulbs. Also a meal and a presentation would reflect the time period as well.

Anywho, we're still in the planning stages and have to get the okay from Waco, but I think it would be an AMAZING event for all. Hat's off to R.W. Henrichs for getting this ball rolling! So, how many of your Brothers would be willing to make the trip??