My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC News Report on Masonic Conspiracies

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nAFN3m7ls&feature=related"]YouTube - ABC News Report on Masonic Conspiracies[/ame]

Chaplin the Elder

Re: ABC News Report on Masonic Conspiracies

So what "conspiracy" did he report on?

BTW, I wonder what fraternity he belonged to in college.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Playing Devils Advocate because, well Im in that kinda mood today...

"Masons traveled widely... so they moved around a lot.."

Did they? Seriouisly? How long did it take to build a huge church? What was the life span of a stone mason dealing with moving and lifting of heavy stones? Did the average mason work on more than 1 or maybe 2 great buildings?

Im just saying...

Chaplin the Elder

Playing Devils Advocate because, well Im in that kinda mood today...

"Masons traveled widely... so they moved around a lot.."

Did they? Seriouisly? How long did it take to build a huge church? What was the life span of a stone mason dealing with moving and lifting of heavy stones? Did the average mason work on more than 1 or maybe 2 great buildings?

Im just saying...

Good point. Considering that the great buildings that are always mentioned are the cathedrals and they took the better part of 100 years each to build I don't see a great deal of moving from town to town by a stonemason. More likely are the reasons put forth in Robinson's "Born In Blood" in the introduction as he explains why he began his research:

That connection caused me to take a different look at the Masonic Old Charges. They took on new direction and meaning when viewed as a set of instructions for a secret society created to assist and protect fraternal brothers on the run and in hiding from the church. That characterization made no sense in the context of a medieval guild of stonemasons, the usual claim for the roots of Freemasonry. It did make a great deal of sense, however, for men such as the fugitive Templars, whose very lives depended upon their concealment. .....

...The fugitive Templars would have needed a code such as the Old Charges of Masonry, but the working stonemasons clearly did not. ...​

BTW, This book was used by my professor when I was taking microbiology in college. The first chapter is a great explanation of the scio-economical aftermath of the black plague.