My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acer One Laptop

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I usually rely on my Macbook Pro for mobile computer, but this weekend I picked up an Acer One laptop. There are so many occasions where I need to check email, ftp something to the forums, vpn into the carwash network, etc and this little bugger is PERFECT! It's basically a netbook...here are the specs:

This ultra-portable laptop is the ideal traveling companion that lets you take the Internet on the road without the heavy load. The Intel Atom Processor combines performance, power and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while on-the go. Windows XP Home Edition lets you surf the Internet, edit documents and photos and read email.

Key Features & Benefits:

Intel Atom processor N270

1.60 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 512 KB L2 cache

8.9" WSVGA high-brightness Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

1024MB DDR 533MHz Dual Channel Memory

Use multiple applications without a decrease in performance

120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Store large video files, music, photos, documents and more on this expansive drive

Additional Features

Windows XP Home
Acer Crystal Eye Webcam 3-cell Li-ion (2200 mAh) Battery
3 - USB 2.0 Ports AC Power Adapter
Multi-in-1 Card Reader AC Power Cord
Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Modem Cable
3-cell Li-ion (2200 mAh) Battery
2.19 lbs. 995 g (system unit only)

If you have an aircard or a phone that supports teathering...you're in heaven. Oh btw...price...how does $298 sound?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10575195#Item+Description

Available at most WalMarts...

Here's a video review..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVilWbznqA"]YouTube - Acer Aspire One AOA150-1006 Notebook PC[/ame]

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Compared to the Acer, yes. Plus I feel more comfortable traveling with a $300 laptop vs a $2400 one.