My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed, about soliticing items for military forces

cemab4y

Premium Member
I am in Afghanistan. In this holiday season, I feel it is entirely appropriate to remember our brave men and women here in this dreadful place. May I solicit lodges, to donate soap, candy, tobacco, etc. for our heroes? Some people object. I want to keep within your rules. I have collected items in the past, and I have never had a problem.

Please let me know if I can do this. cemab4y@hotmail.com

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
cemab4y said:
I am in Afghanistan. In this holiday season, I feel it is entirely appropriate to remember our brave men and women here in this dreadful place. May I solicit lodges, to donate soap, candy, tobacco, etc. for our heroes? Some people object. I want to keep within your rules. I have collected items in the past, and I have never had a problem.

Please let me know if I can do this. cemab4y@hotmail.com

I don't have a problem if you want to create a post asking for donations, just don't solicit member using private messaging. Humm...I think it's time for Masons of Texas to have a subforum for Masons in the military...

blackbeard

i'm glad brother charles asked before soliciting and also totally supportive of our troops. i'm new here, but know brother charles from other forums. i LOVE how the craft, at least here, totally supports our brethren in uniform. "never losing sight of the allegiance due to your country" and all that. my lodge is rather formal, we all wear tuxedos for degrees and full suit otherwise....2 newly initiated brethren that are army recruiters showed up for an EA degree in their cammo uniforms and immediately said they felt under-dressed....i LOVED my WM's response... "gentlemen, you are NEVER under-dressed in a military uniform in this lodge, that uniform demands more respect than any coat and tie".