My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alamo Observance Webcast

Erik X

When you all get a chance, go to the Grand Lodge of Texas website and scroll to the bottom of the homepage. You'll see a Qik video of the Alamo Observance that happened on March 7th.

There being a video of this isn't a huge deal...what is kind of cool is that we were streaming live video to the GLOT website as the ceremony happened. Pretty spiff.

We decided to stream video at the last minute. The website was updated literally 20 minutes before the ceremony began so there really wasn't any time to send out any notices.

The video was shot from my cell phone. It is shaky, you can hear the wind, and I was stuck behind a couple of rows of people and a loudspeaker. It's not a great cinematic experience, but still (I think) cool that it worked.

Anyways, check it out, let me know what you think. Hopefully the Internet Committee can do some more of these...

-Erik