all recognized Master Masons currently in active military service or have in the past served and is

Discussion in 'National Sojourners' started by Bloke, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Therefore, be it resolved that paragraph 3.1.1 of Article 3, National Bylaws, and National Regulations 3.1 be changed, amended, or administratively conformed to permit all recognized Master Masons currently in active military service or have in the past served and is now listed as honorably discharged or retired under such honorable status, to petition for active membership; and permit current members of National Sojourners Inc., who are in the same category and are carried on National Sojourner rolls as Honorary members, to elect conversion to active membership status.

We were recently discussing this very thing.

The above came from

http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/national-sojourners-make-important.html

dfreybur and Brother JC like this.
  2. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I've never had a problem with the fact I wasn't eligible. Their requirements were for Os and E7s-up. The fact that I was an E4 and didn't meet the requirements is on me, not the organization. I was fine with that. If the NS are expanding membership for the right reasons, OK; if they are doing it to satisfy a bunch of whiners with hurt feelings, I'm not a fan.

3. Zack

Zack Registered User

I would hazard a guess that they need members as do a lot of other organizations.

4. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yeah, I get the vibe that it's a recruitment drive more than a sop to hurt feelings.

dfreybur and Glen Cook like this.

Share My Freemasonry