My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I too late,or is it never two late.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
In 2007, I was initiated into my lodge. I had serveral family members present for my initiation. At this time, I was going to school in Denton(UNT). I went to the lodge in Denton and started my work. This went on for a while, but I fell off the path of light. None of my beliefs changed, but my new job had taken me all over the place. Two weeks here and two weeks there. It was not very easy to get where I needed to be. I have settled down and married with a new job and it is close to my hometown once again. This job seems to be pretty stable, or at least for the last two years. I have made contact with the secretary of my lodge in order to get reinstated in and get in good standing with my lodge. Should I worry about not being reinstated?

David Duke

Premium Member
First let me say welcome back, situations like yours occur all the time and is expected especially it seems with younger brothers who are trying to get established in their lives.

What will probably happen is once your lodge secretary has confirmed there are no protests on file against you an instructor will be assigned to you to teach you your work, once you have completed that and been voted proficient (all three sections) you will need to submit a Petition for Advancement, an investigation committee may or may not be assigned dependent upon the WM and brethren, once voted on and passed you are back in good standing.

Good luck in your journey and enjoy it.

gnarledrose

In our FC lecture, there's a section about charity that states if there's any hope of restoring a brother to a shadow of his former usefulness, every effort should be made to bring him back into the fold. It's never too late to join or rejoin Freemasonry.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
gnarledrose said:
In our FC lecture, there's a section about charity that states if there's any hope of restoring a brother to a shadow of his former usefulness, every effort should be made to bring him back into the fold. It's never too late to join or rejoin Freemasonry.

Well said!

cemab4y

Premium Member
Don't see a problem at all. Career and family committments come first, before the fraternity. As long as you do not have any dues in arrears, you will be able to pick up where you left off. We are glad to have you with us.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Thanks to all that replied, I feel a little less intimidated now. Any tips or if you have known someone in a similar situation, please feel free to let me know.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Great news, the secretary of my lodge called me back today, I get to continue my memory work at my lodge starting Thursday because that is the normal floor school/memory work night. I will learn my ea memory work and when complete I will have to petition to advance to the fc. After this I will have one year to complete the fc and then 90 days for the mm. I am so excited!

Benton

Premium Member
Congrats! Awesome to see things are turning out well. Apply yourself towards your EA work, and you should have no problem getting your FC petition accepted. :)

jwhoff

Premium Member
Brother Bennylee,

Now that you are back you'll probably note that family and work are listed ahead of masonry. Although, I think masonry elevates your sense of duty to both of the aforementioned. Your situation is very similar to others going through young adulthood.

Fret not brother, your best days are truly ahead of you! And remember how it feels as the years go by. That will make you more tolerant of the younger fellows coming up.

Good to have you back brother.

Nate C.

The important thing now is to stay on track and finish what you started! Welcome back and best wishes.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Thank you, to all my brothers here at MoT. I appreciate all the encouragement given. I will utilize this site to keep everyone posted on my journey.