My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

american idol

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I am out on this one. My wife loves the show, but I have been against it since the end of season one. The only things that American Idol proves to me each season, are two things:

1) America has a Very limited tallent pool
2) Parents lie to their children about their tallents

For the life of me I can not figure out how AI lasted as long as it has, heck even Simon & Paula got tired of the crappy tallent year after year...

M.Prejean

A friend of my wife's was just eliminated from the Voice last night. She has only good things to say about the show as far as the behind the scenes production and their genuine interest in the artistry of the contestants.
AI hasn't grabbed my attention yet.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
A friend of my wife's was just eliminated from the Voice last night. She has only good things to say about the show as far as the behind the scenes production and their genuine interest in the artistry of the contestants. AI hasn't grabbed my attention yet.

Who was it? I'm just curious because there have been a couple of people I liked that were eliminated.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Yeah I hated to see her go. Tough break but maybe this will get her some exposure and allow her to continue along a higher road in music. I wish her all the best.

M.Prejean

I'll be seeing her tonight in Kerrville & will pass on your sentiment!
She is a very sweet girl and see's only the bright side of life. She does play around TX quite a bit, so keep an ear out for her.
When I was watching the show last night, as much as I hate to say it, I think based on that performance alone, the judge made the right decision. But in her own element, she is amazing!

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I didn't really watch it closely last night. I was at the Lodge until just after 9 (doing my EA proficiency) so when I got home I watched off the DVR while I ate dinner. So I was a little distracted and my wife didn't see any of it so we are watching it tonight. I will be more attentive tonight. Thanks for passing it on to her I am sure she will do just fine in any future endeavors.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
lauren did a song that pulled on the heartstrings of every mother out there... I think that scored her a lot of points.