American Pickers

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Ripcord22A, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

I wantched an episode of American Pickers the other day and they bought a Pedestal Officers chair from a guy. It was pretty cool

RubedoLeonis likes this.
  2. Sk3tchNinja

Sk3tchNinja Registered User

I wonder how many of us would actually buy lodge furniture if we saw it at a yard sale.

3. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

He bought it for 130. I wolud snatch it up for that

4. Sk3tchNinja

Sk3tchNinja Registered User

Whoa, you're not the only one! I would have found a spot somewhere for it!

5. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

If I happen to be at a flea market, yard sale, etc., and come across antique Masonic items, I always give them long look and sometimes buy.

nixxon2000 likes this.
  6. Flatworlder

Flatworlder Registered User

Ive come across old Shriners group photos... I was tempted to buy them.

7. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

Yard sales, flea markets/swap meets if there I look for the stuff. Also don't forget to go over books.

8. RubedoLeonis

RubedoLeonis Premium Member

The lovely Danielle from Pickers is a personal friend of mine. I actually took her to my lodge building a couple weeks ago and showed her around, pointed out some things we could get ride of, like,old barber chairs, spot lights, and what nots. No lodge furniture, regalia or anything of the sort. So, you never know, maybe you'll see my lodge building on the show one of these days?

Flatworlder likes this.
  9. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

I have an old knights Templar sword that dates back to the civil war and and an old monitor that about 40 years old

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. LAMason

LAMason Premium Member

My personal Louisiana Masonic Monitor which I purchased new in 1973 was printed in 1971. I am not sure what year, but the Grand Lodge changed from the soft cover to a hard cover which most people do not like as well. I found an old one on ebay and gave it to a friend of mine.

I also have my Fathers Lambskin apron which he received in 1922 as well as his Masonic ring.

brother josh likes this.
  11. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

I don't have a sword that old, nor know of anyone who does, but I have a Lodge monitor dating from 1912

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

If I were to come upon a Masonic item at a yard sale, flea market or rummage sale I would snap it up if I could afford it whatever it was.

Willaim Perkins likes this.

Share My Freemasonry