My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Future Hopeful in Afghanistan, question about gift?

wralston1025

I'm working as a contractor in Afghanistan and have been working on petitioning a lodge in Temple during my vacations. Last time I was home I completed my application and met with the Worshipful Master. I'll be home again in a few weeks and will be meeting with the investigative committee and hopefully when I come back I'll be an EA. I'm going to try to work with some Texas masons here if I can find some and hopefully receive some education here to the point that I can be raised to FC on my next trip home. A friend of mine is the Senior Warden and has helped me a lot through the process, I was wondering if it would be appropriate to get him some sort of gift as a token of my appreciation? If so what sort of gift might be appropriate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
Wralston, this would not be a problem at all. My mentor received a ring from his mentor, I passed on a masonic points cover for his bike as a gift. On a side note as I mentioned I am in Knob Creek and know all of the members of King Solomon as the majority are dual members within both. If you live in Killeen, and if you need assistance with your memory work I will give you a hand when time permits.