Answer these two things

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

What do you enjoy most about Lodge?

What do you dislike?

2. Zack

Zack Registered User

Like...ritual.

Dislike...politics

3. Bro. Brad Marrs

Bro. Brad Marrs Premium Member

I like the fellowship the most, and the progressive line the least.

4. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I like the ritual and education the most. The politics and some of the subversive things some people do to get their way. Granted we don't have a lot of it but it does happen on occasion.

5. Ashlar

Ashlar Registered User

Like the most , Ritual and Masonic education .

Dislike the most , the politics and the other bodies shoving petitions in the faces of new Master Masons .

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  6. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Like:
    Symbolry and it's application in everyday living.

The history. Where Masonry has been and where it is going.

Dislike:

hummm? Politics.

7. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Like: fellowship, teaching work, sharing masonic history and philosophy

Dislike: politics, politics, politics ... did I mention politics!

8. MMWoody

MMWoody Registered User

Like... the ritual, the history and what it stands for
    Dislike...the unwelcomed feeling if you are not in the "in" circle and attend weekly.

9. nwendele

nwendele Registered User

I love the symbolism and history, I dislike how little the symbolism and history are actually discussed. However, I am actively working to fix that in my lodge.

10. khilles

khilles Registered User

Like education. Dislike lack of dedication

11. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Nice idea.

Good Luck.

12. VinnyC

VinnyC Registered User

Really? So there's a click within a click. That's never good. At least in my eyes.

13. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

hah, like is easy. dislike not so much.

either way, i dislike the same thing in masonry that i've always disliked about other organizations... aligning our motivations is often way harder done than said, and leads to infighting and hurt feelings.

14. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

Masonic education and festive boards

The lack of these things in my area.

Also, our ritual should not be robotic and so strictly graded in weird areas. Gone is the emotion from many important parts, replaced by a rote recitation.

15. K.S.

K.S. Registered User

Like: symbolism, history and fellowship

Dislike: politics and they way new members get left in the dust after initiation a little bit.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  16. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

There are lots of things I like about Freemasonry. The best is the worldwide fellowship. I do a lot of international work, and I have been privileged to visit lodges in many foreign countries. Not all Masons have this opportunity, but it is part of the wages of a Master Mason.

There are, sadly, many things I dislike. Freemasonry is a human institution, and it is subject to all of the problems, inherent when humans are involved.

My biggest "beef", is that too many Masons are unwilling to face the serious problems that Masonry will confront in the 21st Century. If I could get one wish, it would be that all Grand Lodge officers, and all lodge officers, and all Masons, would get a "reality check".

17. Steve Cumbie

Steve Cumbie Registered User

I like the Fellowship the Brothers and history

I dislike lack of dedication after working so hard to become a Master Mason,and not doing what you say because you forgot.

18. luftx

luftx Premium Member

I like the fellowship, but abhor the empathy!

19. bro menor

bro menor Guest

I Like the way we treat and respect each other, always on the level brother..

20. Bro_Vick

Bro_Vick Moderator Premium Member

I think like is too weak of a word, I LOVE the rich history and philosophical teachings are brotherhood offers man. For my current project in researching the Memphis Rite I learned so much about Freemasonry and what men were doing in the 19th century to make it better and to add a more fuller Masonic experience.

I dislike the institutional racism and lack of change within our beloved fraternity, particularly here in Texas. Robotic reciting of the ritual, men showing up to lodge in t-shirt and shorts, etc.

S&F,
    -Bro Vick

Share My Freemasonry