My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Lodges in Namibia?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I've been on safari there once, strictly a hunting trip. Next time I'd like to visit a Lodge.

The subject of Lodge recognition seems to be very popular these last few days. I will be happy to look it up for you, can you be more specific? Country, City, etc.?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Namibia is an independent nation on the border of South Africa. While there are recognized Lodges in South Africa, Namibia does not appear to either have Lodges or does not have any Lodges recognized according to my 2008 copy of "List of Lodges Masonic".

I hope this helps.

david918

Premium Member
From the United Grand Lodge of England web site:Namibia
District Grand Lodge of Namibia

District Grand Master
Michael Andrew Roberts

District Grand Secretary
John D. Mandy

Address
PO Box 774
Windhoek
Namibia

Tel: 61 227647

Beathard

Premium Member
Yes, they are friendly. Work is a little different. It is more like what you would see in England.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
There are 3 Lodges chartered by the Grand Lodge of Scotland in Windhoek. They are Dunedin Star #1454, Zum Kreuz des Sudens #1613, & Benguela #1616. In addition, UGLE Lodges include Etosha #7148 in Otjiwarango, Optima #7380 in Oranjemund, and Damaraland #4758 & Omutena #7376 in Windhoek. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Eu Gene

From the United Grand Lodge of England web site:Namibia
District Grand Lodge of Namibia

District Grand Master
Michael Andrew Roberts

District Grand Secretary
John D. Mandy

Address
PO Box 774
Windhoek
Namibia

Tel: 61 227647

Good day sir, those contact details you provided are nomore his details, he doesnt work anymore at tht firm, thise are details of his previous work place.

Winter

Premium Member
Good day sir, those contact details you provided are nomore his details, he doesnt work anymore at tht firm, thise are details of his previous work place.

That is because this thread is 8 years old. You were given the correct information yesterday by Brother JC in response to your post.

Namibia
DISTRICT GRAND LODGE OF NAMIBIA
District Grand Master
Alan L.E. Simmonds

District Grand Secretary
Gernot Piepmeyer

Address
PO Box 20690
Windhoek
Namibia

Tel: [264] (0)61 227647

Scoops

Good day, I'm from Namibia and will like to join. Any leaders around here to guide me ??
The contact details for the District Grand Lodge of Namibia @Winter posted above are still current. If you don't know any freemasons locally, that should be you first step.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk