My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any plumbers in the house?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I have a bathtub with an all-in-one hot and cold faucet vs. having two separate ones. Lately, it seems that our water is warm, but not hot. At first I thought it was the water heater, but it' still fairly new and if I use a faucet with separate temp controls, I can get the water is super hot.

I'm thinking it's some kind of o-ring or seal in the regulator (?) that allows the cooler water to mix with the hot...I dunno..

Last edited:

sands67

Premium Member
I has Pfizer faucet in our tub and it was the same issue. I took it apart and it was just a spring that I cleaned up, made sure it moved freely and problem solved. I am not a plumber, but an also not afraid to try most diy projects. That one saved me 300 bucks for the sake of a spring.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
The thinking is it is cheaper to have one line supply both the hot and cold. However when you have problems you can replace the seat or the spring but eventually you will have to change the manifold. It costs a few more dollars to have seperate hot and cold supply lines, but it is easier to isolate which one is giving you problems. For example, if the tub had a drip and would not shut off completely you could feel the temp of the water and determine if the hot side or the cold side was the problem. Again it sounds like the seat in the mixing valve is faulty allowing more cold water to pass.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Oh! I thought you were talking about The Plumbers from Watergate. Many are dead, all are out of jail, and few still don't think they did anything wrong.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
What brand is it? Many brands sell repair kits for their faucets. If it is a Delta or one of the other brands that is a reproduction of one you can pick up one of the rebuild/repair kits and it should solve the problem. If it doesn't then you may have a problem in the body of the faucet itself and it will need to be replaced.

john harvey

past master Redwood lodge 193 Alberta Canada

Take your valve make and model to hardware store and they will tell you how to fix it

owls84

Premium Member
From experience: Turn off your main or inline valve before removing the valve from your bath/shower. Once you remove the nut holding the valve in there then there is nothing holding the water back and it could shoot out.