My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Questions Why?

owls84

Premium Member
I think if this doesn't mean this group needs to be stopped I don't know what does. Read this story and tell me you didn't cringe.

CNN Story

These are humans hurting kids. I don't care about their religon or background this is happening all over the world sure but maybe if the news ran a few more of these stories instead of the pictures our soldiers take of them maybe more people would understand why someone needs to step in. My $0.02 though.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
the united states aren't the police of the world. if you feel strongly about it, form up a group and go stop it.

who knows? i may even join you.

Sirius

the united states aren't the police of the world. if you feel strongly about it, form up a group and go stop it.

who knows? i may even join you.

Albert Pike thought we should be. Just a thought.

owls84

Premium Member
So we just need to sit back and let it happen? Let children get tortured? Just because its not our job or just because we were blessed by the grace of a supreme being to have us born in the USA. I bet you money if that was your kid or if you were born in Iraq you sure would want something done. These people can't choose where they want to be born. And for this man to continue to on the police force says worlds about the some of the people there. I am just saying you can't say we are not the police force of the world. At what point does a MORAL responsibilty become the RIGHT thing to do?

For discussion:
If our country can should we? I'm not saying the Iraq war is right but should we step in if a humanitarian issue is needed? I know this happens a ton in Africa but to what can we if anything do? What allows this to become acceptable in people?

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I don't care who did or didn't say, they were right - "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"!

Like I heard in a movie recently (Gone Baby Gone, I think), I take sides and if you hurt children you ain't on my side.

Let's Roll!!!

Sirius

I don't care who did or didn't say, they were right - "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"!

Like I heard in a movie recently (Gone Baby Gone, I think), I take sides and if you hurt children you ain't on my side.

Let's Roll!!!

So mote it Be. Amen.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
While those savages deserve to meet their maker, I'm sure that you could find similar cases of abuse here in the US. Nope, we've done enough for Iraq.

Sirius

The evil that one human will visit upon another is unfathomable. Fortunately, there are men like us in the world. Each of us a point of light in the darkness. The Scottish Rite refers to us as 'Soldiers of Light'. If we have the courage of our convictions, our daily lives are an affront on the vanguard of darkness always threatening mankind.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Albert Pike thought we should be. Just a thought.

maybe we should go over there and help. but as you can see, when our government does it, you can see how much more _____(This is not the street!!!!!!!!) up it gets.

also, ever heard of the term "blowback"?

So we just need to sit back and let it happen? Let children get tortured? Just because its not our job or just because we were blessed by the grace of a supreme being to have us born in the USA. I bet you money if that was your kid or if you were born in Iraq you sure would want something done. These people can't choose where they want to be born. And for this man to continue to on the police force says worlds about the some of the people there. I am just saying you can't say we are not the police force of the world. At what point does a MORAL responsibilty become the RIGHT thing to do?

For discussion:
If our country can should we? I'm not saying the Iraq war is right but should we step in if a humanitarian issue is needed? I know this happens a ton in Africa but to what can we if anything do? What allows this to become acceptable in people?

our country shouldn't be policing the world. if you see someone doing something awful, go fix it. don't force the entire population of the united states to pay for it.

Let's Roll!!!

ah, let's go around the world making sure that nothing wrong happens ever. makes sense.

While those savages deserve to meet their maker, I'm sure that you could find similar cases of abuse here in the US. Nope, we've done enough for Iraq.

kudos

The evil that one human will visit upon another is unfathomable. Fortunately, there are men like us in the world. Each of us a point of light in the darkness. The Scottish Rite refers to us as 'Soldiers of Light'. If we have the courage of our convictions, our daily lives are an affront on the vanguard of darkness always threatening mankind.

i'm all for it. but the united states government should have nothing to do with it. i find that when people aren't forced by their military obligations to fight someone else's war, they don't.

we have a contract with the united states saying that they will protect us from threats, foreign and domestic. this is not a threat to us, theretofor, the united states is violating their contract with us by funding the conflict against those people.

"It's atrocious, it's atrocious!" is the cry I hear, but I rarely see someone buying a ticket to go over there on a plane to kill them on their on volition.

that pretty much sums up what i have to say about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirius

JTM- Yes, I've heard of blowback. Of course we cant send our military across the globe everywhere crimes against humanity take place. We simple don't have the manpower or the will power. As you say, when given an option most choose 'no'.

That being said, that doesn't mean we do nothing. We have other tools at our disposal than the military broadsword. This is one of the key lessons of the 32 degree, as you know.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Edmund Burke :)

I have always been in that school of thought, but obviously there are some with a dissenting opinion (see Edmund Burke - Wikiquote).

Inevitably, every time I post it on a forum where intellectuals hang out, someone brings this up to discredit (usually the poster, but sometimes the quote).

It is one of my favorite quotes to use, regardless of who said. So that is why I said:
"I don't care who did or didn't say it, they were right - "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"!"

Last edited:

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"!" and we have a lot of good men don’t we! Let see who yells the loudest when it is their children! If we get out of space and kill Nasa, we might have some money to help even our children.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
How do you really feel? lol

lol. yea, i like the jonesville edit :)

JTM- Yes, I've heard of blowback. Of course we cant send our military across the globe everywhere crimes against humanity take place. We simple don't have the manpower or the will power. As you say, when given an option most choose 'no'.

That being said, that doesn't mean we do nothing. We have other tools at our disposal than the military broadsword. This is one of the key lessons of the 32 degree, as you know.

it's not that we don't have the manpower for me. even if we did, i would still have moral problems with us policing the world. see below:

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"!" and we have a lot of good men don’t we! Let see who yells the loudest when it is their children! If we get out of space and kill Nasa, we might have some money to help even our children.

the "good men doing nothing" argument is worn out when it comes to policing the middle east and the rest of the world.

isn't letting our military take care of it the ultimate "good men doing nothing?" like i said before, you can't force an entire population to police the world with their money if they don't want to. what's worse, good men doing nothing, or men forcing average men against their will to do something? we can carry on the cliche as long as we want.

not only do we get things like "super-secret" missions creating blowback (reprecussions that the general public doesn't understand why they are even mad), we get this sense of security that "oh, don't worry, the U.S. military will take care of it."

Sirius

isn't letting our military take care of it the ultimate "good men doing nothing?" like i said before, you can't force an entire population to police the world with their money if they don't want to. what's worse, good men doing nothing, or men forcing average men against their will to do something? we can carry on the cliche as long as we want.

Ultimitaly it comes down to this, we cant save all the puppies and kittens of the world. We can only do what we can do. If we are the Sons of Light we claim to be, we should want to rid the world of evil, oppression, tyranny, hunger, and war in general. But we simply cant do that. Not now. We do what we can and should do- right here, right now. Any less and we're betraying our allegiance to the Light.