My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approval of masons or wm mason?

casanova

I favor so proudly by the WM Mason but My question is, Do all the Masons in the Lodge have to favor me for to receive my petition?

Nicholas Cooke

In ours (New South Wales Australia) it is the standard (I believe) white ball, black ball with two blackballs required for the cnadidate to be declined.

ctp2nd

Premium Member
In Texas, the White Balls Elect and the Black Balls Reject. The vote on a petition is purely the vote of the brethren there assembled. The WM only has 1 vote, as does every member.

3 Black Balls reject a candidate from petitioning any other lodge for a year.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
3 Black Balls reject a candidate from petitioning any other lodge for a year.

Or any combination of Black Balls and Protests from Mason not present at voting that equals 3 total. (i.e. 2 BB + 1 Protest, 1 BB + 2 Protests) Also a total of 4 means 2 years, 5 or more is 3 years.

ctp2nd

Premium Member
Or any combination of Black Balls and Protests from Mason not present at voting that equals 3 total. (i.e. 2 BB + 1 Protest, 1 BB + 2 Protests) Also a total of 4 means 2 years, 5 or more is 3 years.

Much more accurate... Thanks!

Nicholas Cooke

of course the interesting thing is over here it only the Wm that gets to look in the ballot box and state the result. That can make it very interesting!!!!!

regards to all

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
of course the interesting thing is over here it only the Wm that gets to look in the ballot box and state the result. That can make it very interesting!!!!!

regards to all

In Texas, the WM and Wardens are the only ones that see the Ballot Box. While both Wardens may find the vote one way, the WM announces the official results, or for that matter has the power to destroy the ballot and reballot if he has not announced the results. Plus the WM is the only person in the Lodge who knows who might have protested a candidate. The Wardens should know of protests, but not from whom. That's one reason why the WM may announce something different that the Wardens, because the Wardens announce the results from the Ballot Box only.

It can get complicated. Perhaps the most useful session at the JW Retreat this year was on Balloting.

M

mark!

I wonder how many have been black balled through the balloting process. I mean most lodges it seems they are very welcoming to new members, especially younger members. Which they should be, but at what extent?