My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aprons

R

RJS

What do y'all keep your aprons in and where do y'all store them?

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
We keep ours in two drawers in our closet, one drawer for officer's aprons, and the other for non-officers. Our jewels are in the drawers above our aprons.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Ah, ok. I keep mine in the plastic bag it came in in the top of my closet under the bible I was also presented.

R

RJS

Where did you get the display case at? I thought about that idea too.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Cases can be bought at MIcheals or Hobby Lobby usally sometimes Wal-Mart has them but that is rare, I do know Brother Tom you do not want to keep anything heavy like the Bible on your Apron it will take the impression of the Bible eventualy, I keep mine at the bottom of a drawer with very little clothing on top that rarley gets disturbed, these aprons will also start turning yellow with exsposure to the light so it is a good idea to keep it in a very dark place but I know how hard it is to not want to look at it, I mean its so white and pure. I recently attended Panther City Lodge MM degree and after the apron presentation I kid you not a Brother PM advised the Brother I quote "the apron takes the impression of anything you put on or under it so do not store in the drawer on top of Maude's dildo your apron wil become x-rated" They called him Blackie and he swore someone had done that and another Brother also said the story was true so I had no choice but to believe it. That was one of the best MM i had ever been to good work Panther City.

Nate C.

I was originally raised in California, and am now affiliated with a lodge in Texas. Out West, your apron is given to you along with a thick cardboard tube big enough to store it in rolled up. I keep it in that.

owls84

Premium Member
I was told that if it is in light it will turn yellow. I have actually seen my uncles and it has turned yellow. I have asked this question to some long time Masons and this is the response I have received.

"in the bottom of a drawer with a towel on top then all your socks or something light on it."

This is where I have mine.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
I have mine stored in between my mattresses. That way it stays flat and out of the light.

R

RJS

Generally not........ That's why I keep mine in between the mattresses.

That's what I was worried about. Mines between the mattress until I can find a suitable case or display.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i'm just answering the OPers question:

we keep ours on a table outside the lodge. in the anteroom... sorta. doublestacked according to station/places.

i also participate at Brazos Union a lot. they have theirs in drawers in a cabinet outside the lodge.