Aprons

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by RJS, Sep 7, 2008.

1. RJS

RJS Guest

What do y'all keep your aprons in and where do y'all store them?

2. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

We keep ours in two drawers in our closet, one drawer for officer's aprons, and the other for non-officers. Our jewels are in the drawers above our aprons.

3. RJS

RJS Guest

I'm sorry I meant the apron you were presented with.

4. TCShelton

Ah, ok. I keep mine in the plastic bag it came in in the top of my closet under the bible I was also presented.

5. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I keep mine in a display case along with my coins.

6. TCShelton

Hmm, I should get a display case...;)

7. RJS

RJS Guest

Where did you get the display case at? I thought about that idea too.

8. RJS

RJS Guest

Would you mind posting a picture of that?

9. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

Cases can be bought at MIcheals or Hobby Lobby usally sometimes Wal-Mart has them but that is rare, I do know Brother Tom you do not want to keep anything heavy like the Bible on your Apron it will take the impression of the Bible eventualy, I keep mine at the bottom of a drawer with very little clothing on top that rarley gets disturbed, these aprons will also start turning yellow with exsposure to the light so it is a good idea to keep it in a very dark place but I know how hard it is to not want to look at it, I mean its so white and pure. I recently attended Panther City Lodge MM degree and after the apron presentation I kid you not a Brother PM advised the Brother I quote "the apron takes the impression of anything you put on or under it so do not store in the drawer on top of Maude's dildo your apron wil become x-rated" They called him Blackie and he swore someone had done that and another Brother also said the story was true so I had no choice but to believe it. That was one of the best MM i had ever been to good work Panther City.

10. Sirius

Sirius Registered User

peter tracks

I hate it when my apron gets dildo prints in it. Do you think a case will protect it from that?:D

11. Nate C.

Nate C. Registered User

I was originally raised in California, and am now affiliated with a lodge in Texas. Out West, your apron is given to you along with a thick cardboard tube big enough to store it in rolled up. I keep it in that.

12. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

I was told that if it is in light it will turn yellow. I have actually seen my uncles and it has turned yellow. I have asked this question to some long time Masons and this is the response I have received.

"in the bottom of a drawer with a towel on top then all your socks or something light on it."

This is where I have mine.

13. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

I have mine stored in between my mattresses. That way it stays flat and out of the light.

14. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Oh my display case is actually two shelves within a 1800s bookcase from Germany.

15. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

We are given a tube with ours. I keep it in that and re roll it now and then.

16. RJS

RJS Guest

Does it lay flat after taking it out of the tube?

17. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

Generally not........ That's why I keep mine in between the mattresses.

18. RJS

RJS Guest

That's what I was worried about. Mines between the mattress until I can find a suitable case or display.

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

not if you dont ever take it out... I re-roll mine and wear it now and then.

20. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

i'm just answering the OPers question:

we keep ours on a table outside the lodge. in the anteroom... sorta. doublestacked according to station/places.

i also participate at Brazos Union a lot. they have theirs in drawers in a cabinet outside the lodge.

Share My Freemasonry