My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arabia shrine fishing tournament

fairbanks1363pm

i did the fith annual arabia shrine fishing tournament this past weekend. It was held at matagorda bay. There was close to 90 boats in it. They ended up raising over 25grand for the hospitals. I had two non masons on my team that got a strong dose of what the fraternity is all about. They had a great time and so did i. The sportsman unit did a great job.

Bro Mike

That is cool! My father in law lives right on Matagorda Bay and I would be fishing down there this weekend if not for my Shrine initiation tomorrow.

Oh well, that is the nice part of him living there, we can get to the bay any time he lets us!

Bro Mike

Yeah, that dies get pricey at the Gulf. I still fish some artificials when I am working off of the father-inlaw's pier, because of that.

By the way, I had a BLAST at the Shrine Ceremonial yesterday. Never knew that I look GOOD in a fez!