My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assembly Plants Seed for Legal Pot in California

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
There is a precedent. We can always look at nations with existing laws allowing drugs and see how they are faring.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Amsterdam at least.
Others http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

I know others have tried to legalize (I assume based on their own internal wellbeing) but the US ties support and funds to that, so smaller nations have backed off.

Now, I said there is a precedent, I havent' researched to say whether its positive or negative precedent. But they haven't been repealed.

One of the question in Bolivia is whether to continue the US plan of making plants illegal and eradicate them entirely (coca).

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
LOL - how do environmentalists/biologists like that? why isn't the EPA getting upset about the destruction of naturally growing plants? :)

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Speaking of Latin America, how are they doing with the Cocaine Projects?? Guess the CIA is still funding the efforts? Word had it the H my buds used in V.N was brought in by them too...

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
The CIA has lost ground there. There's only one or two countries in the region that still sidestep entirely with what we want. Argentina's economic meltdown, plus a realist administration in Mexico, our support for recent coups and a series of competent plebes who had solid plans and could express themselves framed the last decade. Being more obvious about our motives didn't help either. (I spent a lot of the past decade reading their news outlets, etc)

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Since we are on this discussion I'm a radical on this too. Gee go figure with all my other views.

The "drug war" has not slowed down or reduced the amount of drugs that is grown within or brought in. All we have done is create more prisons and more people that have a record that can no longer fully benefit society. The good part to this we have more officers/Jail deputies, so we are creating jobs. Bad my tax dollars are being wasted on a lot of people that are not a threat.

I don't understand why we are tarnishing a lot of good kids by ruining their records with alcohol, drug, and other ridiculous charges. You are changing their lives for ever. You know when I was a teenager I had a deputy that made me pour my beer out(I'd spent a lot of time and money acquiring) and didn't give me a ticket. My dads generation were picked up and taken home and parents busted butts for the most part or otherwise disciplined their kids. Kids are going to be kids, they are going to try drugs (alcohol, tobacco, other drugs), etc. I guess I just don't see the policies of the past as being effective, all we have done is cause alot of good people to be labeled criminals. Yes they broke the law I'm not arguing that, and this is coming from one of the few people that can say he has never tried a illegal substance (other then Alcohol and tobacco which was illegal when I first tried them).

I also support dropping the age on alcohol to 18 or 16. If you are old enough to die for your country, own a house, pay taxes, make decision for yourself you should be allowed to drink. I mention 16 only because in some places this has been tried and it has been successful but is typically limited to Beer and not hard liquor. This is an American thing, must countries in the world have lesser restrictions if alcohol is permitted.

Last edited:

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I meant to mention this, think about the potential tax revenue of legalization. We already deal with people who are abusers of substance now, so we would have a fund to deal with it and pay for other things that could use the increased revenue. Automatic change of expense to income.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
I don't think I agree as much with refined cocaine - but when you mention revenue, I consider the fact that cocaine cartels have genetically engineered various cocaine strains to reduce detection.
Besides the submarines and tunnels, there is definitely a revenue stream. Instead of putting it in public legitimate space, it's being forced into the illegitimate economy.