Astros to the American League

Discussion in 'Sports and Outdoors' started by cog41, Dec 14, 2011.

1. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Any baseball fans out there? Yes they make way tooooo much money!
    I'm a Ranger fan first, but I'm also an Astro fan and always hoped for an I-45 World Series.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the move as it dashes any hopes of that happening.
    Not that ever would have, but hey! It's okay to dream big.
    Now they'll face each other in the same division. (2013)

Anybody out there in favor or oppose the move. Or just don't care?

2. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I have been out of touch with baseball it seems this offseason. So the Astros are going to the American League? That is big news. Who is taking their place in the NL? In some ways I think it is a great move for them. It will allow them to be a little more competitive than they were in the NL. So did they realign the divisions also?

3. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Let's see. Any ideas how long it will take the Astros to get to the bottom of the American League? Wonder how much better or worse that will feel? Ghee ... wonder how many more gripers will be on the sports talk shows on the way to work every morning?

Ghee, I just might go see the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rangers before I pass on. And I'm not even a baseball fan.

4. THemenway

THemenway Registered User

I love baseball, I love the Stros'. I'm not too happy about the move due to our constant rebuilding. I think we will struggle (as usual), but hopefully Crane will step up and expand the budget and get some quality players.
    It's hard being a Houston sports fan.

5. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

I definitely feel the pain brother. But, at least we're not in Miami where they build, reach the pentacle, hold a fire sale, and go into a mad rebuilding program.

6. THemenway

THemenway Registered User

Ha Ha, that is true....... Although...........dare I mention my beloved Houston Rockets after the 94 and 95 World Championship wins
    :-(

7. Bro.BruceBenjamin

Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

I personally don't like them moving because who are my San Francisco Giants going to beat up on now lol.

8. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Arrghh!

Now don't take this personal, the teams I Dislike the most are the Yankees, Dodgers and your gnats, I mean nats, I mean gants, giants..:laugh:

9. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

WOW! Now that was ugly...

I could care less what the Houston Astros do, besides it's not like they really play anyone anyhow. Seems to me that they should sell the team, and let someone else use that wonderful stadium of theirs! Just my two cents.

10. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

There's a thought. We could use the stadium to have a re-union of all the 94-95 Rockets! Then sell it to the Giants -- ah, I mean San Francisco -- and never enter the place. :40:

11. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Rangers n Astros are off to a decent start.
    It'll be nice if both Texas teams can make a good showing this season.

Next year should begin a good I-45 rivalry.

12. dreamer

dreamer Registered User

I have no time to think about them. I am looking for our 28th World Championship. Don't hate me Brothers!

13. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Must be a Yankee fan. No one else can count THAT high!

14. RedTemplar

RedTemplar Johnny Joe Combs Premium Member

Until major league baseball does the right thing by reinstating Pete Rose they can kiss my grits.

15. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

You surprise me RedTemplar! :eek:hmy:

I didn't know they ate grits up there in Hazard.

Are them hills or mountains surrounding that valley you live in?

16. RedTemplar

RedTemplar Johnny Joe Combs Premium Member

No, we don't eat grits up in these here hills. It is just my feeble attempt to be polite.

I just can't see kicking a gambler out of baseball and make heroes out of dope heads.

I probably should move way down in the valley cause the air is getting too thin up on the ridge.

I apologize for not subduing my passion, but I am partial to the Big Red Machine. Geesh, I am getting old.

17. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Dopers, cheaters, what's the MLB coming to. Shoe-less Joe Jackson would turn over in his grave if he ever knew.

Now! You want to talk of un-subdued passion ... How 'bout them 'Cats? Props again for that championship run!

18. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Rangers whooped up on them thar Astros one more time!

Next year oughtta be interesting.

19. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

ahhhhh ... why?

20. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Should become a good rivalry between the two.

Baseball is about the only professional sport I still retain any desire keep up with.

Share My Freemasonry