My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Injury

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The other night I was going down the stairs and tripped over a pair of shoes, fell and my back met the corner of the step. I've been in pain, but nothing on that level. I could not move and literally had to crawl for help. Thankfully the soon to be x wife and kids were here, otherwise I would of been out of luck.

Two days of laying in bed and I finally went to the Doctor, which wasn't fun. Just tying my shoes took 10 minutes of searing pain. Finally made it and after being checked out, he wanted me to at least get an X-Ray, preferably an MRI just to rule out a fracture in the spine. Being hard headed I told him not yet, so he agreed to give me Vicodin, but if things don't improve by Friday, it's X-Ray/MRI time. :(

Got home around 4:00 and popped two pills...hot dog, I was still hurting, but I was able to walk without grabbing onto something, even did dishes. About an hour ago it wore off...ACCCKKK!!! Took some more, but ironically I'm not tired, laying in bed all day will do that. Just asking for prayers that things improve. I have a Community Builders Award Saturday and my SW is out of town all weekend. :(

Last edited:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I will pray for you Brother and your speedy recovery. I know how bad the back pain can be. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

cjapgar

Premium Member
Get better Brother.

My prayers are with you as well. Please do get the MRI. Another Brother here just had a major back surgery from injuries sustained from a fall. My wife Lisa is also praying too.

K.S.

Definately get the MRI brother! I put it off when I injured my back 2 years ago and 3 weeks later, I couldn't walk. So I reluctantly went in for it and come to find out, I tore a disc L4-L5. severe pain/ tingling in legs/ numbness in legs.

Pain meds only mask the real problem (why I don't touch them anymore) good ol' 800mg ibuprofen and ice packs are recommended. (I can't sit or stand for long periods anymore either) - stay away from the chiropractor until the MRI! If it is serous, chiro can make the issue worsen.

I now have to get steroid injections into my spine every 6 months, and I live with a certain amount of pain on a daily basis, (can't really go to the gym anymore), -but get the MRI because then you will know for sure what the damage is.
Just my 2 cents from a brother who has a severe back injury that started how yours did. --Keep us posted brother!

Last edited:

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Yikes! What stinks is that just when it seems to be getting a little better, boom, I can't stand up without grabbing onto something, turn over in bed, etc. I'm down to a few Vicodins so I'm sure my Doc will make me get an xray or mri before prescribing more...lol.

Yeah I had a Community Builders Award the other day, but just couldn't do it. Driving hurts so trying to stand up and put on a presentation was out of the question.

sands67

Premium Member
Brother....I would strongly advise you follow the advice of other brothers here and get the x ray at the very least. If you have the insurance go for the full meal deal and get the MRI. You can't fool with a back injury and yours sounds severe. Take care my brother. Look after yourself.

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
Blake like KS said meds only mask the pain! I have Ben dealing with pack pain for over 15 years from a fall off of a Bradley never got an x-ray nor an MRI I am paying for it now. I have since learned how to deal with the pain, I stopped taking meds when they jacked my liver up - it took over two years for my liver to recover from medications. I know refuse prescription meds and use OTC when it's really bad :-(. Blake get the MRI!!

Cigarzan

Premium Member
That's good to hear. Unlike these other Nervous Nellies, I say rub some dirt on it, pop a pill and get on with the day! If we all had prescription pads, we wouldn't need these docs! :D hahaha

So far so good. Things are slowly improving...thank goodness ;) Thank you for the prayers and support!