My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Surgery

owls84

Premium Member
Well I have been diagnosed with L5 bulge disk with S1 nerve irritation. I have done back injections, nerve blocks, and a lot of praying. The other day my pain came back worse then ever and they have me on 10-325 hydrocodone until we figure out what to do. Well they want to do back surgery. I have heard so many people that know someone but I want to know some more. Maybe from someone that has had the surgery. They want to basically go in and cut a channel in my vertebrae to give the nerves room to move and then clean out what is applying the pressure. The procedure will take 30 minutes but I will be in the hospital overnight and recovery will take weeks (6-8). I have never done anything like this but man the pain is almost unbearable right now even on the pain medicine.

Does anyone know anything about this personally and how did it turn out for you?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
an exgirlfriend's mother had this done. she was down for about a week before she was moving around, but then it was all done after like you said, 6-8 weeks.

david918

Premium Member
Not sure if it's the same procedure but my younger brother a member of Corpus Christi 189 had arthroscopic back surgery on some of his discs last Friday.He came home the same day and seems to be doing well.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Hank Hill cured his back with yoga! lol
not to make light of your sitiuation but yoga could defintley lend a helping hand to the pain and especialy the healing processes after the surgery. I woudl look into it, it really helped me and my pains.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I am having trouble with my back in the same area, it is all of the Lumbar discs, and like you, S-1. Doc does NOT want to do surgery, and has me walking twice as much as I was to keep it loosened up. I walk about 1.5 miles in the morning, and again at night. I am on Tramadol, which allows me to walk upright, and lessens the pain, so mine is no way near as bad as yours. I have had family members who have had surgery on other areas, so cannot compare it for you. My Doc is V.A., so that is probably why surgery is not an option yet. I asked him what caused it. He rolled his eyes, and asked me "Just how many times did you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" Oops...