My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic uncomprehension about Masonic organizing of a Grand Lodge & its constituents.

BullDozer Harrell

d9bcdf4d2b1ca925bd662f746b9e1363.jpg

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Oh my goodness.

It appears to me that they have no issue with being open with their "Grand Lodge" organization. That statement raises not only red flags but also the eyebrows. Sounds much like a group of disgruntled folks who didn't get their way in the mainstream systems.

Personally, I'd be a bit hesitant to join knowing that they've only been around since 2007. It is quite a normalcy that in almost every major town, the first buildings erected were churches, and lodges... banks of course as well. To wait a couple hundred years is almost humorous.

Exceedingly interesting.

BullDozer Harrell

It's not just the year they came into existence that's the only problem.

Some legit GLs are as new as a baby too.

The problems i see are that supposedly 3 lodges came together to constitute themselves as a Grand Body. But then what followed is that they issued Charters back to these same lodges with some old arbitrary numbers which were previously attached. ??? Now that's a head scratcher.

Also there's mention of who was elected as their 1st GM. But no mention of the rest of the GLO line-up??? Another head scratcher.

In addition, what matter does any Brother care about the forming of a Grand Chapter and its 1st elected Grand Matron???

Lastly, what's all of the rhetoric after that and in between the mention of having 8 Chartered lodges with random numbers???

It's all a waste of a tree and a sheet of paper.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member

Some legit GLs are as new as a baby too.

The problems i see are that supposedly 3 lodges came together to constitute themselves as a Grand Body. But then what followed is that they issued Charters back to these same lodges with some old arbitrary numbers which were previously attached. ??? Now that's a head scratcher.

Also there's mention of who was elected as their 1st GM. But no mention of the rest of the GLO line-up??? Another head scratcher.

In addition, what matter does any Brother care about the forming of a Grand Chapter and its 1st elected Grand Matron???

Lastly, what's all of the rhetoric after that and in between the mention of having 8 Chartered lodges with random numbers???

I also agree with you and your key points, all valid.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

Well, three lodges coming together as a grand body and then for the Grand organization to issue charters back is fine. The non-sequential numbering wouldn't affect regularity. I've seen lodges granted symbolic numbers.

If you look at UGLE webpage and my province, Cheshire, you don't see all officers. This is an announcement, not the proceedings.

As for wasting paper, I suspect this may be a landmark. :).

It would be my suggestion when criticizing the clandestine (I do like aliteration) to simply stick to the standards of regularity: they do not appear to have legitimacy of origin and do not appear to have exclusive jurisdiction.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
The Grand Lodge of DC allows its lodges to request numbers and the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts doesn't use numbers.

Well, three lodges coming together as a grand body and then for the Grand organization to issue charters back is fine. The non-sequential numbering wouldn't affect regularity. I've seen lodges granted symbolic numbers.

If you look at UGLE webpage and my province, Cheshire, you don't see all officers. This is an announcement, not the proceedings.

It would be my suggestion when criticizing the clandestine (I do like aliteration) to simply stick to the standards of regularity: they do not appear to have legitimacy of origin and do not appear to have exclusive jurisdiction.

Here's a question for us USA masons: are landmarks a sign of regularity? If so which ones? If not why? ;)

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

BullDozer Harrell

Duly noted. An overly critical approach to addressing an organization's Masonic status might translate as nitpicking. Thanks for the counsel.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Well, three lodges coming together as a grand body and then for the Grand organization to issue charters back is fine.
That is why I questioned the legitimacy of the three Lodges. The Grand Lodge of Texas was formed by three Lodges that were chartered regularly by the Grand Lodge of Louisiana. As there was no Grand Lodge exercising jurisdiction over Texas at that time, they were free to form their own Grand Lodge.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
That is why I questioned the legitimacy of the three Lodges. The Grand Lodge of Texas was formed by three Lodges that were chartered regularly by the Grand Lodge of Louisiana. As there was no Grand Lodge exercising jurisdiction over Texas at that time, they were free to form their own Grand Lodge.
And Utah, whose three lodges had charters from three different states.

Kenneth Munn

Greetings and Peace and Blessings to all you brothers on this informative site. I recently just joined so I'm still moving around the site slowly. I just read the "Order out of Chaos" document that was posted and I would like to know what is your masonic perspective on the New Progressive Supreme Council Headed by Ralph Slaughter. Sov. Grnd. Com., PHA out of D.C.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Sounds much like a group of disgruntled folks who didn't get their way in the mainstream systems.
" My question would be "Constituted and warranted by whom?"
Agreed!

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Greetings and Peace and Blessings to all you brothers on this informative site. I recently just joined so I'm still moving around the site slowly. I just read the "Order out of Chaos" document that was posted and I would like to know what is your masonic perspective on the New Progressive Supreme Council Headed by Ralph Slaughter. Sov. Grnd. Com., PHA out of D.C.
Ill let a PHA brother answer this in depth but my understanding is that it is not legit

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app