BBQ Pit

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Payne, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Payne

Payne Registered User

Beeville Lodge #261 needs a BBQ Pit for fundraisers.... Anyone have one for sell.. or know where we can get the metal to build one cheap..?

2. widows son

widows son Premium Member

Use an old metal barrel or drum, and cut it horizontally in half. You'd have to find some grills to for it but any hardware store would have them. If you want to be creative you can attach a hinge to both halves of the barrel to get a lid to keep the heat in. When I was in culinary school we made one just like that but we used it as a smoker only. Hope this is helpful brother!

3. widows son

You would also need to mount it on something so it's off the ground

4. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

I get my stuff from:
    [h=3]CMC Recycling[/h]

3806 Singleton Blvd, Dallas, TX 75212 map 214-638-0555 | website

They have some Pipeline steel and plate there that is great for a BBQ pit or smoker. I buy stuff for building car frame parts there. (hobby)

5. CajunTinMan

CajunTinMan Registered User

culinary school? So when are you planing on paying a visit to Louisiana? Like I said we are all about the food down here. You would be most welcomed for a visit.

6. Payne

Payne Registered User

Thanks for the advice but Dallas is too far away from us and a barrel is not a bad idea for a temporary pit...

7. widows son

Lol ya culinary school kicked arss, and I guess there's really nothing stopping me from paying a visit to you guys down there :D

8. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Not to hijack the thread, but what type of car do you build?

Share My Freemasonry