My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming a free mason

bobbis

Hello good day everyone I just realized I posted in another members post my humble apologies. My name is Robert A. Richardson I am from Trinidad and Tobago in currently in Trinidad for work relations I been having. Dreams and an inner feeling for a search to find light in my life. I am interested in becoming a part I the brother hood any information will be greatly appreciated . Thank you .

Freemason Connect Mobile

bobbis

Talking to my cousin he happens to be a part of te brother hood I had no idea he was a part of it

Freemason Connect Mobile

bobbis

Well been a while since I been on the forum, just installed it on my mobile. I'm in America got an job offer and had to make the move, I'm back in Maryland and still I seek to becoming a member, anyone? Can you assist me .

Freemason Connect Mobile

CStevenson

Bobbis,

Here is a website which might help you find a lodge. Some states may require you to be a resident for a certain period of time.

http://www.mdmasons.org/become-a-mason/askamarylandmason

The general way to join is very simple.
Find a lodge (you can use the above website).
Find out when the lodge meets (most meet at least once a week). (Disclaimers: (1) you do not have to wait for a big meeting. (2) If you are looking for an active lodge, try finding a lodge close to you that meets more than once a week.)
Show up and meet the brothers at the lodge. ( you should find the brothers to be very welcoming and exceedingly nice people)
The local brothers will guide you from there.

Good luck in your journey!

larsondrewjr

I Larsondrew Roberts Jr, im from the Bahamas an would like to become a bother,who should I go about it.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
I Larsondrew Roberts Jr, im from the Bahamas an would like to become a bother,who should I go about it.

http://www.freemasonrybahamas.net/

Bahamas is run as a provence of the United Grand Lodge of England.

In general find a lodge near you, find out when they meet monthly, show up in person about an hour before the meeting, introduce yourself and ask how to become a Mason. Continue showing up then every month. Expect that the brothers will take a few months to get to know you before they give you a petition to become a Mason. Email, phone and other methods sometimes work but they are never as good as in person knocking on the door.