My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Butt Chicken

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Ingredients

• 1 cup butter
  • 2 tablespoons garlic salt
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
  • 1 (4 pound) whole chicken

Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
  2. In a small skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt, and pepper.
  3. Discard 1/2 the beer, leaving the remainder in the can. Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika, and desired amount of salt and pepper to beer can. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.
  4. Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the prepared grill. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).

finished_chicken.JPG

TexMass

That looks damn good. We've tried it a few times and it comes out like that. You can now get small racks that will hold the can and the chicken so you don't have to work on keeping it upright. About 12 years ago I smoked my turkey with pecan wood and now I won't do it with anything else. I have to order it online but it's the best.

n563908014_1420297_4189.jpg

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Looks fantastic Bro. Sutton! The "beer butt" technique worked really well. I cooked it @ 350 for 3 hours and smoked it with mesquite wood I soaked in water. Next time I'll use a dark beer such as Guinness or Shiner Bock.

TexMass

I might stuff my next chicken with sausage and THEN put it on the spit. That should keep it extra juicy!