Boaz Jakin

Discussion in 'Masonic Blogs' started by Daniele, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

Zoob e Nikai In an old Italian ritual of 1860 the veil of boaz Jakin falls giving different meaning to the two pillars, the words are reversed, someone is aware of it among your rituals?

Sent from my DIG-L01 using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Where are you a Freemason?

3. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

I am a Freemason in Catania Sicily, Serenissima Gran Loggia Italian Scottish descent from Piazza del Gesù.

coachn likes this.
  4. coachn

Thank you?

5. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Benvenuto nel forum, mio fratello. Vengo dall'eredità siciliana. La mia famiglia è originaria di Castelbuono. Ho famiglia a Sciacca e Siracusa. Nessuno è massone. La mia famiglia è arrivata negli Stati Uniti nel 1903.

6. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

Grazie fratello mio, sono contento di aver trovato un compaesano di origine siciliana,
    Dove vivi adesso?

7. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

[QUOTE = "Daniele, post: 190949, member: 20869"] Thank you my brother, I am happy to have found a fellow citizen of Sicilian origin,
    Where you live now?

Sent from my DIG-L01 using My Freemasonry mobile app [/ QUOTE]
    My family settled in Brooklyn, New York. I live in Tennessee.

8. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

beautiful, my dream to visit the United States of America. if by chance you should come to Sicily I would be pleased to meet you and welcome you in my Lodge.

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Huh?

10. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

the Masonic ritual of the 30th Degree, published secretly in Naples, in 1869. About the sacred words of the 1st and 2nd Degree, says in the note on p. 15 that "out of curiosity of our readers, we do not want to deprive them of our observation made by us (Domenico Angerà) on the island of Malta in time of our thirteen year old exile. By attending to us the Masonic works that were celebrated on that island, and seeing the initials "B" and "J" of the sacred words of the first two Symbolic Degrees ie "Booz" and "Jackin", reading for said words, that is, reading them on the reverse side from right to left, there were the words "Zoob" and "Nikai". Among the Maltese, who speak a corrupt Arabic language, these two words are those for which they express themselves [...], that is, two ugly words

11. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Booz and Jackin....sounds like a miserable Saturday night....sorry, had to...

LK600, tldubb, Warrior1256 and 2 others like this.
  12. coachn

All well and good, with this one exception: There are no sacred words within Freemasonry.

13. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

why do not there exist sacred words and passages in your rituals? The Fr. '. Arturo Reghini has written a book on sacred words and the passage of Freemasonry. great book!

14. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

The order and spelling of various words differ between some grand jurisdictions for various reasons. On top of that the ritual can vary greatly between different grand jurisdictions. I think the misunderstanding is because of language. I don't think sacred would be how we explain them.

tldubb, CLewey44 and Warrior1256 like this.
  15. Warrior1256

Lol!
    Yep.

16. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

We are a fraternity not a religion. There are points in our degrees where some religious texts get quoted, but which ones vary by country and region.

Chukwunonso, tldubb and coachn like this.
  17. coachn

A valid question, albeit, very off the point.

You claimed in your post that the words in question are sacred. They are not. They are words that come from scripture. They are not however sacred in and of themselves as applied to Freemasonry itself and they are not representative of any words that Freemasonry holds as sacred.

As posted elsewhere. Freemasonry is not a religion. There are no sacred words within its ritual. It may quote sacred texts, but that does not mean what it quotes is sacred to Freemasonry and are Freemasonry's sacred words. They are not.

Additionally, I suspect your statement, "why do not there exist sacred words and passages in your rituals?" is telling me that you may not be a Freemason. I shall chalk this up to a language challenge for now.

dfreybur likes this.
  18. Warrior1256

I agree.

tldubb and coachn like this.
  19. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

I'm sorry you think it's not a Freemason, but they are! I have no knowledge of the rituals of other countries, but in Italy in the ritual of the three degrees sacred words are mentioned.

20. Daniele

Daniele Registered User

I can not attach files from the phone to send a copy of the ritual but there are several on the internet, and mention sacred words

Share My Freemasonry