Books or readings recommended for the “construction of the internal Temple".

Discussion in 'Masonic Education' started by Mark89, Apr 8, 2018.

1. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

If you don't know how to define "spiritual", why use the word unknowingly and waste every one's time?

2. Center

Center Registered User

I truly apologize, thank you for your patience to following me till here.

3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

>I truly apologize, thank you for your patience to following me till here.

Irony?

Meanwhile, the nature of spirituality and that state of human intelligence is such that spirituality is best explored by sensate and experiential means and it is only late in the human process that analysis is worthwhile.

4. coachn

...too be followed no more...

5. coachn

Still no definition...

6. Center

Center Registered User

James, Irony and Sarcasm, are my enemies, are ruffians that killed the Master Builder.

We are free men, and we discuss for the research of true, of Aleteia as Socrates could possibly say.
    I am sincere, my message has inbuilt more inside: if we want to use our parameters to understand "spirituality" we will have a discussion OVER spirituality, but not a spiritual discussion. What matters is that we work on the stone, with serious intents, zealous and with brotherly love.

In Naples the city I am born is written in a popular criminal quartier: if you cannot see the happiness look for it inside.
    This means to me we cannot find the so called spirituality in a speech, but rather -on a certain degree and not completely- in the analogy of the speech itself, this is in tune with what you say -in my interpretation- regarding the definition that spirituality is something bigger than us, that "is what exists beyond the personality", so I am not going to define into a category the infinite essence of what exists beyond spirituality. Modesty is the first condition to understand. We would be like few horses that fight against a Tsunami, otherwise.

Coachn is a great source of masonic knowledge for me, I am avid to read his posts, and his blog is fantastic because I learn a lot from him, and I truly appreciate his transparent, clear and pragmatic style to discuss, after all we all try to elevate from the black and white of the carpet, to possibly reach the Middle Chamber of the Salomon Temple. This is another beautiful topic that I feel so unworthy to speak. Gnosi Thauton

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  7. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

It may be worth considering that Spirit and Matter are opposite ends of a spectrum or ladder. If so, Spirit penetrates to the depths of Matter, and even the highest levels of Spirit that we can see are but dense Matter to Beings that operate at Universal levels of the ladder.

Thus while a demarcation of personality and spiritual serves well for a long time, in the genuine MM (as compared to the ritual MM) Spirit flows through his/her personality with little hindrance.

There are various processes to be undertaken to reach what is esoterically considered the first stage of the enlightenment. One of the later processes requires recognition of the Personal Will and the bringing of it into a new phase of activity.

Long ago I ran an experiential workshop to show people their PW. All failed. Instead they saw themselves in a mirror, or saw the Christ, or found their families in "streets paved with gold" context.

I stopped the process and told the participants what was going on. They were all being given fake inner experiences by their PW.

One woman was determined to deal with this and she spent long hours each night meditating trying to see her PW. The following week, on Wednesday at 2am, she finally succeeded. She said that she realized that all her life when she had been doing good works she had really been doing them to make herself feel good.

The PW has the critical function of driving the human to get its act together. The PW does this to protect itself. Its primary asset is its own self esteem and it will discard physical health and emotional relationships to defend that.

The PW drives the human to self-control and development of skills. The PW conceals itself and if found explains that it is the human or that it is the relevant spiritual savior.

When the human unfolds sufficiently and recognizes the PW, the human may trigger the PW to change from defense mode to creative mode.

At this point the Light flows much more easily through the human personality so that my earlier distinction of spiritual and personal is no longer valid.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Center likes this.

Share My Freemasonry