My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Booze stolen from Masonic Lodge

Wingnut

Premium Member
http://cbncompass.ca/index.cfm?sid=318414&sc=326
The Compass

Ten dozen beer, mostly Coors Light, three 60 ounce and three 26-ounce bottles of liquor have been stolen from the Masonic Lodge in Harbour Grace.

Cst. Michael Collins of Trinity Conception District RCMP reported the break-in occurred sometime between 10 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 12 and 10:30am Thursday Jan. 14.

Someone gained entry via the side door/window of the historic building on Victoria Street.

The investigation is continuing and the RCMP are asking anyone with information on this or any other crime to contact the Trinity Conception RCMP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

MGM357

What was it doing there anyway. For years some people have claimed that all we do is drink and party and other irresponsible acts behind closed doors. This adds fuel to their fire. Definetly not the kind of publicity Masonry needs.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I would have no issue with alcohol being in a lodge, yes I know it is not permitted by Grand Lodge and would not support it if the law was not changed. The things I've read on Table lodges rocks! Most times alcohol is limited to X amount when allowed in lodge to remove the possibility of any drunkenness.