My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Breathe for me" By: Ashton Gilbert

Ashton Gilbert

At night, when I lay there hopelessly stairing at the shadows on the walls. After I start to drift off, with these imaginary creatures of darkness.

I lean over you, kissing your soft gentle lips and breathe in your air.

Then I press my lips gently against your ear, and silently whisper to you the words "Breathe for me."

From your dreamless state, you awaken and start to imagine all these creatures in the light.

Stairing hopelessly at my dead body. You start to cry, and when I wouldn't wake up.
You started to wonder why?
You pressed your soft gentle lips against mine, and kissed them one last time.
You grabbed the key to life and death, that I had left, when you began to leave.
You carve on my chest, we're it had left the greatest depth.
My old poem, about loss.
It has 3 words, you can't read loss, just feel it.
Then you silently whispered to me in my ear,
"Breathe for me."

There from death, I gasp for air.
Your never-ending love, warms up my heart and your 3 spoken words fills my lungs from your breath.

Finally awaken from my eternal prison of complete darkness, lost in the greatest depth of Hell.

To you in Heaven, holding onto me. Endlessly dancing in night sky, with the illumating colors of the northern lights wrapped around us.

With Stars, in our eyes.

Forever, a consolidation of Light, and Darkness. Bound, to endless eternal Love.