My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bro Corporal Cameron Baird VC MG (1981-2013)

Bloke

Premium Member
The Victoria Cross is the highest military honour for valour which can be awarded in Great Brittan and it's Commonwealth Countries.

It was established in 1856 and has been awarded 1,358 times. You find Australian, News Zealanders, Indians, Canadians, Nepalese, Africans, Fijians (etc) have been awarded the Victoria Cross because it was awarded across all Countries in the British Empire. That so few have been awarded a VC is testament its rarity.

By comparison, the Medal of Honor was established in 1861 and has been awarded 3,514 times

Several Commonwealth Countries have established their own Victoria Cross (Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

Few know, but the last Victoria Cross for Australia was awarded to a Freemason in 2014.

Corporal Cameron Stewart Baird VC, MG (1981-2013) was awarded Victoria Cross (posthumous) for valour in Afghanistan which resulted in him being killed in action.

He was Initiated on the 23rd September 2006 in Lodge Thespian No. 256 ULG NSW & ACT.
http://www.lodgedevotion.net/devoti...y-2016-corporal-cameron-baird-vc-mg-1981-2013
http://www.lodgedevotion.net/devoti...y-2016-corporal-cameron-baird-vc-mg-1981-2013

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
The Victoria Cross is the highest military honour for valour which can be awarded in Great Brittan and it's Commonwealth Countries.

It was established in 1856 and has been awarded 1,358 times. You find Australian, News Zealanders, Indians, Canadians, Nepalese, Africans, Fijians (etc) have been awarded the Victoria Cross because it was awarded across all Countries in the British Empire. That so few have been awarded a VC is testament its rarity.

By comparison, the Medal of Honor was established in 1861 and has been awarded 3,514 times

Several Commonwealth Countries have established their own Victoria Cross (Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

Few know, but the last Victoria Cross for Australia was awarded to a Freemason in 2014.

Corporal Cameron Stewart Baird VC, MG (1981-2013) was awarded Victoria Cross (posthumous) for valour in Afghanistan which resulted in him being killed in action.

He was Initiated on the 23rd September 2006 in Lodge Thespian No. 256 ULG NSW & ACT.

RIP BROTHER!! Even though i never met you you were my brother both in arms and in lodge. Thank you and your family for your sacrifce!

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
That so few have been awarded a VC is testament its rarity.

Or that Americans are just that much more bdass when it comes to doing the crazieness that is required in combat to get awarded it....IJS............"MERICA!! lol I had to.