Brother?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by BEDickey, Nov 12, 2011.

1. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

I have a quick question for everyone, it might have been answered already but I haven't found it yet. When is it expectable to start calling Masons I meet Brother? I am E.A. and I meet masons from all across the country, as such I would love to talk to them on the level, but unsure as to how to approach them. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

I would say from the moment you take your EA obligation it's acceptable. :)

3. Bridge2light

Bridge2light Premium Member

Remember What was said to you before the EA obligation and then after...

4. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

I remember being told "congratulations and welcome, brother" after my EA. That made it official in my mind

5. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

thanks

Thanks all! Indeed I do remember, but I have read before that you shouldn't call anyone outside your lodge brother until you are raised, so it got me wondering.

6. K.S.

K.S. Registered User

Brother "Bridge" is right, (in my eye), remember your initiation. I believe that once a man is initiated, he is a brother mason. There are some who believe that you are not truly a mason until you are raised, in all my readings and with all respects, this is not the case. Simply put, when you are initiated; you are an Entered Apprentice "Mason", therefore you are a brother Mason at the entered apprentice level.
    All Mason's meet at lodge, on the level. Not "I'm a mason, you're just an entered apprentice." :)

7. thor9541

thor9541 Registered User

cautions

Remember your new name you know just enough to get in trouble but not enough to get out.

8. Ed Nelson

Ed Nelson Registered User

When I received my 1st degree, we all had refreshments after, which included a cake that read "Congratulations, Brother Nelson".
    I knew I was a Brother from the beginning!

9. LCWebb

LCWebb Premium Member

I agree with Brothers Bridge and K.S.

Share My Freemasonry