My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers of Fort Worth 148

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Bro. Berry
I would like to learn more about some of the things your lodge is doing. Could you maybe start a new thread and relate some of the things you are doing? I would like to institute some things in my lodge like what you have stated.

Okay so I am not Brother Berry but I would like to share some of the things 148 has done to really bond us to our older members and really get the ball rolling.

The main thing that had an effect I had not expected was the recognizing of real patrons of Masonry. We have presented 2 different Past Masters of our Lodge with a Masonic Bibles who did not receive one when they became Master Masons. We recently presented a Brother with membership and an endowment to our Lodge who mentored us through some rough times. We are currently planning in secret a "Cornerstone" award for our Lodge instructor. We are having two black pieces of marble in the shape of mini cornerstones engraved with the Square and Compasses and the phrase “Sam Levisee Cornerstone of Fort Worth 148." The efforts at showing our appreciation has really made up ground with the younger and older guys and made our Lodge one again.

An interesting newsletter also is a must and we have now realized the power of a good website. Our website has already in 2 weeks potentially given us a MM to associate, one petition and countless hits.

Spend time with the so called trouble makers, old timers or whatever they're called of your Lodge and give them plenty of opportunity to be a part of the process of change otherwise it is futile.

Remember also if someone does not have their panties in a wad you’re not progressing.

Brother of 148 or anybody please add to the list it will be good to get some of this out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

owls84

Premium Member
I will be adding additional programs in here tomorrow that we began, but it is time to hit the hay tonight.

R

RJS

The Corner Stone award sounds interesting. How does it compare to the Golden Trowel?

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
It is along the same lines but the guy already has the Golden Trowel and he just keeps giving to Maosnry so we had to come up with something new. Maybe that is a good guideline have had to recieve the Golden Trail award? We are making this up as we go but we did want to have this as like the medal of honor for 148 awards (not any Joe 6 pack can get it) we also thought to not limit ourselves to just our Lodge members. We have no offical guidlines yet but I assure you there are few people who have done what brother Sam has done so we will defintley not make the standards around him; no one else could ever get it. lol The "giving gestures" have changed the culture in our lodge and has really allowed us to enjoy Masonry and dive into it for what we want as individuals.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Rhit rote:"Remember also if someone does not have their panties in a wad you’re not progressing."

LOL-How true- I love it! :)

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
It all started with our Mission/Vision statements and declaration of principles. Once we figured out where we were, we focussed on determining where we wanted to go. We knew that we wanted to have ACTIVE members, so we revamped our investigation process to where we do much more than inquire whether or not the candidate is a felon. We start the mentoring process in our pre-initiation meeting with the candidate, and by this time, we basically have file on him, his family, his interests, his expectations, his skills/talents, etc. We have also created a very detailed, multi-paged education/progression plan that includes the investigation process, the mentoring program, ALL, LIFE, and various other aspects that we have added, including a leadership course that I am still working on. If anyone wants any more specifics, or has any detailed questions, shoot me an e-mail:

thomas.shelton@fortworth148.org

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I always forget about having these snazy emails they are awesome!!
mine is
rhitland@fortworth148.org
so nice and profesional
May be Josh can post a picture of the business cards he designed for us all they rock also.

owls84

Premium Member
Let me know if this works. I don't see anything due to my firewall at work.

BC.JPG

Last edited: