My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bustn caps

choppersteve03

Premium Member
any brothers like to just go to the range and, bust caps all day. i am currently shooting and carrying two berettas, not simultainiously, one is a m9 and the other is a px4 storm. i would like to buy a AR, thats next for the vault.:12:

choppersteve03

Premium Member
range is a little bit out of the way but, last time i went shooting on my friends farmland i got shot at by a neighbor. i have permission to be out there,but i guess they didnt know.

Rescue51

Premium Member
I have been a small arms instructor in the military for about 10 years now. I am seperating from the military and really miss the range! I am currently building a MK18, which is an AR with a 10" barrel. We used this a lot for CQB. I also shoot a Berretta M9 and a Sig P229 DAK in the Coast Guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

THemenway

I moved from Houston to Fairfield TX 1.5 years ago. I miss taking my 40cal to the range. I guess these ol' boys up here just shoot on their land.

Rescue51

Premium Member
The DAK means Double Action Only. The Sig P229 DAK is a pretty nice weapon with a pretty nice price tag. The Coast Guard went with the .40 cal and phased out the Beretta M9. I miss the 9mm.

Rescue51

Premium Member
I was issued my MK18 in the CG doing boardings. It is a fantastic weapon. Someday I'll have mine finished. All I have so far is the upper and barrel. Need a lot to complete but it will be cool when it's finished.

Txmason

Sig Sauer

I am interested in Sig Sauer pistols. I had my S&W .40 cal stolen when my house was broken into. Hopefully I'll get it back since I have the serial number.

I am interested in a firearm that I can take both to the range and conceal carry. I am open to any suggestions:).

If there any brothers in The Woodlands/Spring, Lake Conroe area that shoot I'd love to hear from you and maybe we could go shooting. I'll buy lunch!

Best,
Jerry

Beathard

Premium Member
I prefer larger firearms. My favorites are my 454 Casull, 375 H&H, and a 58 Cal blackpowder rifle. I also enjoy shooting historic pistols and lever actions.

LukeD

I think the Coast Guard is on point for switching to the 40 cal. I wish the USAF would. There were talks of switching to the new S&W M&P 40, but apparently is was all rumors. A lot of after action reports from down range say the 9mm just isn't cutting it. Don't get me wrong, the beretta is a great handgun, and 9mm is a good round, but I think the military should step up the stopping power. On a different note, I just moved, and there are no ranges in close proximity. I used to make an effort to go as much as possible in TX. I did purchase a Sig 229 and slapped on some hogue grips. It is my pride and joy. I also picked up a Saiga 12 shotgun before the price went sky high. Added all the bells and whistles, and it makes for an awesome range day.

Rescue51

Premium Member
I really like the S&W MP 40! It shoots real nice. What do you do in the USAF? I'm looking to go into the Air National Guard.

LukeD

I spent 13 years in Security Forces/Military Police, most of it with the military working dog section. I just recently took on a special duty assignment that landed me in Mississippi. M&P was a great gun. I actually traded it towards my Sig 229. I chose it because you can buy a Sig factory 357 Sig barrel to change the caliber, and a barstow 9mm barrel. Basically, I have three calibers in one frame.

Last edited:

choppersteve03

Premium Member
Man that p229 sounds sweet, what i like about berettas is they always go bang. I have carried them from Bosnia to the middle east.

LukeD

We received a new batch of Berettas recently. I wasn't happy to see them with the polymer guide rod though. They are a great and simple handgun. Snap to take down, clean, and reassemble. Plus, a lot of safety features for the not so proficient carrier.

jwhoff

Premium Member
"I love shooting. Ranges are to far away, so I just shoot in my yard."

Now THERE's a thought!