My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can FAM Masons visit AFAM lodges?

bupton52

Premium Member
Can it happen and vice versa?

I am assuming that you really mean GL of State and Prince Hall. Am I correct? Using AF&AM and F&AM can be misleading because even though all Prince Hall GLs are F&AM, not all GL of State GLs are AF&AM.

bupton52

Premium Member
Can it happen and vice versa?

My bad, I didn't even answer the question. Yes and no. Those GLs that have mutual recognition and visitation in place can visit each others lodges with no problem. If your GL does not have visitation in place, i.e, Texas, then even though we recognize each other as brothers, we can't visit each others lodges............yet!!

martin

Maybe in the unite states I ask the question b4 here in canada and the answer was NO the only1 we recognize is prince hall mason and that's it they r the only1s we can visit or get a visit

widows son

Premium Member
I think only in new brunswick there are only FAM lodges in all of Canada. So I was in New Brunswick and saw a FAM lodge, I could of attended their meeting?

California Master

If you are asking about Free and Accepted visiting Ancient Free and Accepted....the answer is absolutely yes. I belong to both. If you are asking about PH lodges, you have to make sure the lodge is on the Grand Lodge recognition list. This is also true with F&AM and AF&AM lodges as well. The determining factor is the GL list of recognition. Every lodge should have that list available to its members. If you are not sure about a lodge, check it out prior to visiting.

widows son

Premium Member
Why is it so complicated tho? Why not change everything to either AFAM or FAM so it's the same. I also believe that these little schisms or factions that are deemed regular are undermining masonry. How can we defend out order if we're not all on the same page in terms of masonry

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
All of my friends here in Bagram Airfield are joining the only active lodge around, Alpha Military Lodge 1, PHA chartered out of Oklahoma. As an AF&AM out of Texas it is sad that I cannot be involved, cannot work, just sit here idle. All due to disagreements by the two GLs... gentlemen, behave as such and resolve your differences so us brethren can meet upon the level!

To answer your question below is a list of PHA F&AM and "mainstream" F&AM/AF&AM that can visit one anothers lodges:

MW Grand Lodges with mutual recognition in North America as of February,
1995:

• California (Conditional)
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Idaho
  • Minnesota
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
  • New Brunswick
  • Quebec

There is one more addition which is worthy of note but is outside of North
America:

• Great Britain: United Grand Lodge of England
(Cited from http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/Masonry/Essays/pha1.html)

A new and more expansive list here: http://bessel.org/masrec/phablanket.htm

Last edited:

CajunTinMan

To make it easy just check with you lodge secretary if you are traveling and he can determine if you can visit a lodge in that area.

martin

We have a book were tells u every single lodge recognize in the world , tells u the country , there grand lodge and every lodge with phone numbers and address

Bcole

The Alpha 1 lodge at bagram is that on the base? I only ask due to the fact I'm headed there in Feb for a few months, and it would make the trip a lot easier knowing I had fellow brothers there to hang out with?