Can the volume of sacred law on the alter differ in Texas?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by JMartinez, Aug 21, 2016.

1. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I do not know exactly. I would guess that they use the Holy Bible, Holy Qu'Ran, Zend-Avestas, the sayings of Confucius, the sayings of Buddha, the Talmud, etc.

2. Ajay Chandar

Ajay Chandar Registered User

Our ritual requires the WM to name the VSL. That's because we have five Volumes on our altars.

3. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Like he said "Bye Felicia". We don't discriminate on religion, but we do "King James Version" not Labron James...

4. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

A lot of Brothers of the Muslim faith shy away from Masonry because they are trying to find the true word, which they say it's in the Qu'ran but me being the Baptist that I am, will always say that the word ly's within me....

Bro Book likes this.
  5. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

We aren’t trying to find the true word of god....we are trying to find a made up lost password

Bill Lins, dfreybur and Glen Cook like this.
  6. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Does the Altar have a bookshelf?

7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

And even that is symbolic. Knowing an ancient word that gave access to a meeting would not be useful. Our search is for deeper meaning in a story about high personal character and not giving in to the demands of the unworthy. It's not about dying. It's about having something worth dying for. It's not about remembering. It's about taking actions that future generations will consider worth remembering.

This is the stuff of the divine spark within each of us that most of us lose as we grow up. It's a quest to find that spark that's already there.

8. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Excellent. Absolutely excellent.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  9. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Well said Doug!!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

AYoung likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Very good.