My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Natural Goodnessâ„¢ or Certified Organic Chicken Broth
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
  • 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
  • 1 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • Crisp Tortilla Strips
  • 4 corn tortillas
  • Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS
  1. Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken to the sauce pot. Cook until it's browned, stirring often.
  2. Stir in the broth, cumin and rice. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
  3. Stir in the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving of soup with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
  4. Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I'm going to give this a try. My favorite is that served at SaltGrass Steak House- I've never found another that's as good (yet).

ljlinson1206

Premium Member
Premium Member
OK Brother Blake, I tried the Chilli and it was Great, so I am going to make this aswell. I'm already getting hungry. I'll let you know how it turns out...