My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clandestine masonry

JustinScott

Premium Member
I know these are fake and you will be banned if you are affiliated with them but how can you tell the difference?

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
There are a multitude of ways to tell. First and foremost will be are they recognized by any other GL or the UGLE. Go to the GL website for Florida and see if the Lodge is listed on their locator. If it isn't there then more than likely they are clandestine.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
a safe way, Justin, is to stick with communication on this Forum and in the outside world with either Mainstream Brethren, or Prince Hall Affiliated (PHA) Brethren. Any Brother hailing from either Grand Body has proper affiiation and recognition needed to be recognized Worldwide. in Florida, the PHA Grand Lodge is named Union Grand Lodge, F&AM, PHA...................BRO JONES

JustinScott

Premium Member
a safe way, Justin, is to stick with communication on this Forum and in the outside world with either Mainstream Brethren, or Prince Hall Affiliated (PHA) Brethren. Any Brother hailing from either Grand Body has proper affiiation and recognition needed to be recognized Worldwide. in Florida, the PHA Grand Lodge is named Union Grand Lodge, F&AM, PHA...................BRO JONES

OK my lodge is a free and accepted mason lodge (F&AM) so this lodge is prince hall affiliated? What dose that mean and how dose it effect me?

JustinScott

Premium Member
There are a multitude of ways to tell. First and foremost will be are they recognized by any other GL or the UGLE. Go to the GL website for Florida and see if the Lodge is listed on their locator. If it isn't there then more than likely they are clandestine.

OK so basically if it is cleared and advertised by the GL I have nothing to worry about? Are there a lot of fake masons in Florida and what is the purpose of there existence? To take down masonry or misguide us?

bupton52

Premium Member
OK so basically if it is cleared and advertised by the GL I have nothing to worry about? Are there a lot of fake masons in Florida and what is the purpose of there existence? To take down masonry or misguide us?

Money and titles. Many people are just misinformed and don't know the difference and those are the men that these clandestine GLs prey on.

1LNSTR

At the end of the day, the correct answer is to contact your Grand Lodge if you are at all unsure of a lodge's status before traveling.

Frater Cliff Porter

Premium Member
I have not held Masonic communication with them, but I have even invited members of Co-Masonry to lecture at my Scottish Rite temple and they were extremely well received. I have visited their GL and so has my GM.

I have also conversed with men of all different sorts of irregular Masonry. Some great men...some complete nutjobs.

Jono Quioc

Brethren, here in the Philippines, we have a clandestine grang lodge called the independent grand lodge of the Philippine islands "IGLPI", it was founded by a group of runaways from the grand lodpge of the philippines, they also have produced a number of subordinate lodges and are fast increasing, pls be careful not to visit their lodges or converse masonicaly with them, of these pla take due notice and let us govern ourselves accordingly

polmjonz

Brother Jono, that is unfortunate that the rift between these two groups got to the point of them breaking off with a few lodges and is now apparently growing, hopefully in the future some concessions may be made to bring them back into the fold. Hopefully the future of freemasonry remains strong for our Filipino brethren. On a separate not I will be in Manila in the beginning of November and hope to meet a brother or two while I am there. Ingat Brother.

Virgin Islands Brother

We a have a few irregular lodges in the Virgin Islands. What I have come to realize is many of the members don't realize they are irregular or what irregular means. As an English mason, I try to educate them as much as I am allowed to, in hopes that they will come to the true light. My lodge is growing. In fact, tonight we initiate 4 new men who happened to demit from an irregular lodge. They were MMs in that lodge and found it necessary to leave based on the irregular status, and a genuine search for the light and fraternal bond we have to offer. I admire these men for the willingness to start their journey from the beginning. I suspect that not many are willing to do this. However, I feel it is our duty to try to convince these potentially good brothers of the beautiful aspects of Ancient Free & Accepted Masons.

Brothers, these men belong in our midst. I would encourage you to reason with them, as tactfully as possible for many are loyal. Educate them to the benefits and beauty of the regular lodge. Let them know of the ability to participate in other lodges when they travel. Some don't even know they can do this if they were in a regular lodge. Those who love knowledge will listen to you and they may eventually demit. The craft is to beautiful to allow good men to be lead astray and initiated into what, in many cases, is a well dressed gang.
Although UGLE does not permit us to recognize these lodges, I believe we should recognize that many men have been deceived into believing they are participating in true masonry. We can guide them to the light and as a consequence increase our numbers.

widows son

Premium Member
Well put. I'm not sure if it's a problem here in Canada, as I've never heard of irregular or clandestine lodges or masons until I joined this forum