My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorised Movies?

Do you prefer the Original B/W or Colorised Movies?

• B/W!!!! to colorize is sacrilege!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Colorized! This is the 21st Century

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • My TV doesn't understand grayscale..in fact, neither do I.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • What's a TV?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

MikeMay

Premium Member
Do you prefer the original Black and White movies or the colorized versions?

(are you even old enough to remember b/w movies?) :confused1:

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Black and white, please. The artists who were forced to shoot on B&W stock understood it's limitations adjusted their technique accordingly. The most notable difference is in lighting. B&W shots are almost always lit far differently than those shot in color. The colorization process can't adjust for this and the result is, well, a mess.

Last edited:

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
(are you even old enough to remember b/w movies?)

Hahah, I am for sure waaaay too young to remember black and white movies (unless certain scenes from American History X counts)...lol Though, I do enjoy sitting down and watching some of those black and white movies with my father that he enjoyed when they came out.

cog41

Premium Member
Some war movies and westerns are okay colorised. I said just okay.

For the most part I stay wiht black and white.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I have to say I would stay with B&W. If it was shot in that medium then that's where it should stay. Casablanca just isn't the same colorized as it is B&W same with so many of the others.