My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colors of Masonry

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Colors have a profound effect upon human emotions and actions. The ancients knew this but science and research are reteaching us this fact once again. I have read of the pink prisons to subdue the passions, green and blue painted mental hospitals to keep a calm enviroment and how orange increases the appetite; Whataburger anybody?
Masonry does have colors that are repeated again and again that being blue, white and purple. Blue Lodge, white apron and purple resting on your shoulders(reffering to GL) these colors we hear quite often whith in the walls of any given Lodge. I became curious as to what effect these colors have on us as humans and once again I was amazed. This is something I put together on these colors.

White:
Strictly speaking, white is not a color, but the manifestation of the presence of all color - the complete energy of light. It stands for wholeness and completion. In many cultures it represents openness and truth. White has a cold quality. It can provide clarity as its energy is complete.White has purification vibrations and can be used to clear blocks from your path.It holds the potential to move toward every other color and this makes it a good choice for new beginnings, and development in any direction.

Blue:
Blue seems to have a deepness or spiritual nature about itself we all relate to, the focusing on blue will lead the mind to peace and quietness hence the reason the beach draws so many humans to it's deep blue waters. Blue can warm ones heart just in a less furrent way than red. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. Blue provides a feeling of protection. Blue allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward. It contains a cool vibration that is helpful to communication. The vibration of blue can be used to open energy flow where it is blocked. Using blue to relax will encourage feelings of communication and peace.

Purple:
Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation. Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color.Purple seems to bring a smile to the face up from somewhere deep within the body, it reminds of innocence and youth when thing where simple and fun. In grade school not many kids had a purple crayon that was not worn down to the nub as it was a color of choice for younglings. The proper combination of purple can seem to lighten the mood of even the hardest of attitudes.

Sirius

Very interesting. Color seems to have psychological and spiritual implications. This also goes to show that symbolism need not be something absolute but can also be abstract. Thank you for sharing this enlightening research!