My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering moving the Fantasy Leagues after these seasons... Any thoughts?

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
So, as the "unofficial" MoT Fantasy sports coordinator (hahah not really official at all, just kidding and tooting my horn), I have been thinking about moving the MoT Fantasy Baseball and Football leagues to another site other than Yahoo. One of he only two reasons I am considering this is because since Yahoo really isn't a big time "sports" website that is all about sports only, they seem to be lagging behind a bit on some of their information. For example, today David Ortiz from the Boston Red Socks got activated off of the DL (in fact, I think he was activated last night), but Yahoo still lists him as on the DL. They also lag behind on player news and updates at other times that I have noticed as well.

The other reason I want to change from Yahoo is because not everyone has a Yahoo ID. So when someone wants to join the league, they will have to create a Yahoo login and go through all of that. I figure that if we have our league on another site that is not Yahoo, anyone with any kind of email address can get in on it.

This hasn't been set in stone just yet because an important part for me of keeping things on Yahoo is the "history" that we can keep on there. Each season, we "re-activate" the league and it keeps a history of everyone that has played before, their rosters, who won and what places. Each person also has a "fantasy profile" which shows any trophies they have won and what places they came in in the different leauges they participated in. What I am thinking is that if we are going to move, I would like to find a site that has this kind of thing. As far as I know, ESPN doesn't have this kind of tracking method.

So, what does everyone think? Has anyone played on CBS or NFL.com and do they have that record keeping thing as well? Anyother sites that anyone has played on that does it? Lol I know that I'm not any kind of "official" from MoT, and really anyone kind start up their own MoT Fantasy sports league, but was just curious what everyone wanted to do.

owls84

Premium Member
I am playing in a NFL league this season and I do like ESPN as well. One thing we should look at is app ease of use as well. So far I personally love yahoo's iPad app.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I am playing in a NFL league this season and I do like ESPN as well. One thing we should look at is app ease of use as well. So far I personally love yahoo's iPad app.

Another good factor.... I like the format and the "look and feel" of the ESPN site (even though I am still used to Yahoo format). But, I love the iPad app that Yahoo has. Unfortunately for ESPN, they don't have an actual iPad app. It is just one of those iPhone apps that pops up on the screen of the iPad and just has a lot of wasted space. That annoys the tar out of me. I did download the NFL. com fantasy football app for the iPad, but I haven't used it yet. Is it like ESPN and is basically iPhone app stuck on an iPad, or is it an app that is made to use the whole thing like Yahoo?