My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CT Masonry

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
To whomever can answer. I am currently scheduled to receive my EA degree this Monday the 27th at 7:30pm. I have petitioned and been elected to receive the First Degree in an AF&AM lodge. Does this hinder my ability to visit and work with Prince Hall lodges in my area (upon being raised to Master Mason of course). I have heard of being able to be affiliated with more than one lodge, but not sure if this applied to Prince Hall as well.

LukeD

Which Lodge did you petition, and under what Grand Lodge does it fall under? That information will determine your visitation with other lodges.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
To seeker.mm, there are several issues that need clarity......first, you mentioned that you are scheduled to receive your EA degree in "an AF&AM Lodge", on Monday the 27th. As the Brother mentioned above, we need to know the Grand Lodge with which your Lodge is affiliated. If your Lodge is not a subordinate Lodge under the Grand Lodge of Texas, AF&AM, also referred to as "Mainstream Masonry", or the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas, (PHA) then that creates an issue of Masonic recognition. For your Lodge to be considered a recognized, regular and duly constituted Lodge in Texas, your Lodge must be a subordinate Lodge under one of the two above mentioned Grand Lodges. If not, you will not be allowed to visit, be recognized, nor have any Masonic contact with any Lodge in either Jurisdiction. Next, if you do not KNOW the answer to my question, I recommend you do some research before Monday, so that you know the LINEAGE of your Lodge. If your Lodge cannot trace its lineage thru its charter or warrant back to the United Grand Lodge of England, your Lodge will not be considered a regular and recognized Lodge, no matter what the members of that Lodge tell you. I strongly suggest you get as much information about the Brothers in that Lodge and its History as possible. Members of some Lodges sometimes count on the fact that Men are not very well versed in recognition or regularity, as they relate to a Masonic Lodge. These two terms make a REAL bona fide Masonic Lodge, because a Lodge must be considered BOTH in order to receive dispensation for a charter or warrant which empowers a Lodge to work. Last, but not least, if you are getting your FIRST Degree, then you should not be at all worried about "visiting and working with Prince Hall Lodges in your area". I will say this in the most respectful manner possible.....if your Lodge is NOT Prince Hall Affiliated or a member of the Grand Lodge of Texas, AF&AM, you will not be recognized, or be allowed to visit or work with either one. Good Luck. Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Bayou City Lodge #228, Prince Hall Affiliation, Jurisdiction of Texas, Houston, District 15-A.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Young Man, If you have any other general questions regarding Masonry, I will answer what I can to get you some of the answers you may be seeking.......send a reply to the thread, and I will do what I can.........Bro. Jones

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Thanks for the heads up and information! I am actually in CT! I just really love this site and all it has to offer. That and when I visited TX I really liked it! Came across the app on Android and here I am! The Lodge I have petitioned is Annawon Lodge 115 in West Haven, CT, Chartered under the Grand Lodge of CT AF&AM. I do know that until I have been raised I will not be able to travel to other lodges, however, once I am raised (God willing), I'd like to be able to associate Masonically and check out the Prince Hall Lodges as well. I have read of CT having dual recognition, but I am not at all sure if this applies to lodge affiliation or what. Thanks again for the information and hey, nice to meet you!