My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damn Dog

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I visited a town in Virginia once, and I was going to visit the Lodge that night. I knew the town was one of those historic "Thomas Jefferson designed this outhouse" kind of towns, so I stopped by the local Jefferson-designed tavern to ask about the local sights. Turns out the Lodge's Master, Sam, was the tavern owner. Handshakes and greetings were exchanged, and the Master says, "You need a guide!"

With that, he produces his big, happy Golden Retriever and a brochure and map. "Here," he says, handing me "Oliver's" leash. "My dog Oliver here can take you on a tour of the whole town!"

"Wow," I said. "Really?"

With that, Oliver looked me right in the eye and said, "Sure, I know this town like the back of my paw." Astonished, off we went, and I must admit, the dog was a most informative and congenial guide.

A year later, I brought my wife back, and I stopped in at the Tavern again, because naturally my wife thought I was insane with this talking dog nonsense. The Lodge's Senior Warden was now behind the bar, and Oliver was nowhere to be found. I asked the SW if the dog might take us on a tour, but he informed us that Oliver didn't do that anymore.

"No," he said. "Now that Sam's a Past Master, that damn dog won't do anything but sit on his ass and bark at everybody."

Jay

I need a dog like that at LakeWorth LOL, I'll tell this one at our next stated

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yeah! Cool!

Did you see Oliver on that second trip?

Just wondering what a Junior Past WAG looks like. Anything like a Junior Past SMILE?

Just sayin'.