My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Davy Crockett Lodge's Benefit Dinner for Junior Past Master Brother Ron Kayser

R

ravickery03

I am not a member of Davy Crockett Lodge, but have always helped out with their community service efforts, this one is particularly personal. I will be out of town during the dinner, but plan on sending in my donation.

Brethren,

This is a follow up on last months e-mail concerning Davy Crockett Lodge's Benefit Dinner for Junior Past Master Brother Ron Kayser. I asked that everyone keep open Saturday the 13th of September to help a Brother in distress. As you know Brother Ron has more than $100,000.00 in medical bills due to having major surgury with added complications as well as missing over six weeks of work. His situation is very difficult to say the least. Davy Crockett Lodge is planning a spaghetti dinner to help Ron with this mountain of debt. The dinner will be held at the American Legion Post #375 at 9608 S. Presa which is just outside Loop 410 South and Presa St. We will begin serving at 5PM. We are asking a minimum donation of $5.00 per plate. There will also be door prizes as well as items we will be raffling off.

Brothers, All the money that we are able to raise added to the money that the Scottish Rite and the Shrine have raised will be matched in triplicate by the HC Davis Fund. This fund was started in 1936 for the purpose of assisting brethren in this type of situation. Brother Bob Jett and Rt. Worshipful John Lorch DDGM have been preparing for their part in this benefit.

Please come out and help this Brother Mason in need. If you cannot make it to the dinner and want to help the Lodge address is 519 Alametos, 78212. Please do NOT give money directly to Brother Ron as this will not be matched by the Davis Fund. Thanks in advance for your generosity.
Chris Williams
WM Davy Crockett #1225
210-872-3291
c-williams@sbcglobal.net