DD Blazers

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by JJones, Nov 27, 2015.

1. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

I have the honor of serving as the DD for both Chapter and Council this year however I don't have the blazers I need and, for some reason, all the ones I've borrowed seem to be to large.

So I'm in the market for a red blazer, can anyone recommend a good place to look?

2. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

New or gently used?

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Be a trendsetter; wear a black suit with a red or purple tie/waistcoat.

dfreybur likes this.
  4. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

Ebay usually turns out to be surprisingly well stocked for things like this.

5. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Take a look at Mayo Discount Suits. They carry different versions for $80 and $150.

BroBill likes this.
  6. Companion Joe

I don't know if this is tongue-in-cheek, but, at least in my state, Grand Officers don't get to be trend setters. There is a set outfit you wear. Now, if you become head of the Grand Chapter or Grand Council, then you can probably change it around.

7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

It was somewhat tongue-in-cheek... in my YR Bodies I'm known for my disdain of the outdated dress requirements.

8. BroBill

BroBill Site Benefactor Site Benefactor

The year I served as DD for Chapter, the MEHP set the uniform down to the tie designed by his wife. I had no choice in the matter. I bought my own apron and jacket, the MEHP provided the tie, pocket square, and jewelry.

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I will shortly be an officer in the Chapter and Council. The blazers are optional where I attend. You can elect to wear a sport coat or suit.

10. Companion Joe

Congratulations.
    For us, officers at the local level don't have a set dress code. It's only grand officers that wear the red/purple blazers.

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry