My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decoded

peace out

Premium Member
Anyone else watch Decoded (History Channel) last night? I was going to rip the tv off the wall if they didn't define Lucifer properly.

K.S.

I missed it as well, seeing how I was stuck at work until 23:00. If it was anything like the majority of the "secrets revealed" programs, it was several writers or professors, almost all of which are non-Masons, explaining all that they know about the craft. It makes for good entertainment at best, keeping the public shrouded in conspiracies and mystery. It makes me laugh, (but I watch all of them!!)

K.S.

HAHA! the viewer is right back to where he started after watching it, scratching his head and wondering if masonry is a satanic religion, and if they do human sacrafices or not. Too funny.

jwhoff

Premium Member
You think they have a hard time with Lucifer, wait until they discover 666. Take it easy, that last one might require a little time with a Jewish mystic. But it may be worth the walk.

Best guess is that you can't get there in sixty or ninety minutes ... with or without commercial breaks.

:6:

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
Well, not in free masonry per say.

It is found in the Qabbalah. Jewish mystics, as did Pythagoras and his followers, place a high importance in the belief of numbers as ultimate elements of the universe. Freemasonry places high regard for Geometry as the highest of the seven liberal arts and sciences. This does not paint freemasonry, per say, in the camp of the Jewish mystics. Let that be clear from the start.

Are you ready?

Qabbalahists believe that the number 666 represents the name of Jesus Christ. Not the evil one. This they take from various sources including the ancient Greeks, Samaratines, etc. Closer study of the Greek and Hebrew texts are necessary to disclaim or verify their argument.

Is the Antichrist attempting to steal the numeric code of Jesus? Does this cause 666 to be misinterpreted as an evil symbol? Something some scholar versed in the original language, origins, and contexts of the texts would be better able to interpret.

All said, you did feel the tinge of discomfort, did you not? This is the basis of enlightenment. We are made aware of something. We immediately begin to ponder and question this new information. Reject it out of hand. No. Accept it at face value. Absolutely not! This is the power of initiation. The world is no longer black and white. You must strive for light. At times you must be uncomfortable or thrown off.

And, as I previously mentioned, once the documentary film makers clue in on this one ...